December 1

Sighing contently Remus took his coffee from Tom, the humpy barman of the leaky cauldron. He nodded at him and closed his cold fingers around the warm takeaway cup. Turning around to make his way out into London's freezing streets again, he sipped at his coffee and closed his eyes in bliss of the hot liquid warming up his insides. Which was the only reason he didn't see the bulgy red handbag standing right in front of his feet - in the middle of the aisle. The owner ought to have put it somewhere else, really, it wasn't his fault.

He stumbled anyway, his hands swaying around in grand motions and with a splash the coffee swept out of his hands. Remus landed on the floor in a messy pile of limbs and maroon jumper.

For a second he just closed his eyes and groaned. What a day. First he had been fired again, then he'd missed his train back home. Now he'd spilled his warm coffee all over the place.

At this moment he noticed a pair of heavy black boots standing directly in front of his face. Slowly his gaze wandered upwards to the man standing in said boots, who was looking puzzled and was spilled from head to toe with coffee.
Remus groaned again, before quickly pulling himself together. He stood up and straightened his jumper before looking at the stranger again. He was just slightly shorter than him and had long and slightly curly black hair. His stormy grey eyes still looked as if he didn't quite know what just had happened.

"I'm so, so sorry! I didn't mean to spill my coffee over you, I just didn't see that handbag standing there and I'm so clumsy, honestly I fell over my own feet this morning and-"
The stranger, who looked a bit confused at him for a moment and then started to smile during his rant, interrupted him.
"I was hoping that."

Remus looked puzzled.
"You were hoping that I fell over my own feet this morning?"
"No, that you didn't mean to spill your coffee over me. I would have been a bit offended if you had done it on purpose, especially since I didn't even get to say an offensive pick up line before you splashed your drink in my face."

The werewolf could feel his face heat up as the stranger looked at him with a cheeky grin and an arched eyebrow.
"I'm really sorry."
He waved his hand dismissively.
"Don't be, I had worse than handsome guys spilling their coffee over me. I'm Sirius", he said, offering his hand to shake.

Remus looked stunned at the hand for a moment, his face completely flushed and shook it hesitantly.
"Nice to meet you."
The man looked at him wonderingly but suddenly Remus noticed that they were still standing in a mess of coffee in the middle of the way. Quickly he let go if the surprisingly warm hand and rummaged in his bag for his wand to clean the mess up. Before he could find it though the other man had already vanished the stains on the floor and himself with a sweep of his wand.
He winked at Remus.

"See, no harm done. My punk rock is still impeccable", he said with a grand motion down at himself. Remus risked a glance.
The man was wearing a leatherjacket over his dark shirt and ripped black jeans. On the jacket several buttons were fixed and in white, messy letters the name Padfoot was imprinted on his left arm.

When he looked up into the stranger's face again, he realized he'd been staring for slightly too long. He was smirking at him with a raised eyebrow and merlin's pants they were still standing in the middle of the leaky cauldron.
Remus cleared his throat.
"I... uh... well, I should probably go. Um... Sorry again." And with a hasty nod to the unforgivingly good-looking man he fled the inn.

He didn't see the disappointed gaze that followed him.

...

"Come on, Pete! It'll be funny!", James urged his friend.
Peter Pettigrew shook his head and looked first at the car and then at Sirius suspiciously.
"You don't even know how to drive such a thing when you haven't had two bottles of fire whisky", he argued but Sirius could see a glimpse in his eyes that told him they had already won.