A Touch of Red: The SBS Sequel

Sequel to Supernatural Boarding School

In “A Touch of Red”, everything in Demona’s life seems off somehow. As love, bloodlust, anger, pain, confusion and friendship battle within her, she has to cling to the boy she loves. But that boy might not always be willing to let her in…

Demona's life has changed drastically ever since she came to boarding school. Being the only existing female vampire hasn’t been easy, especially since her vampire father left her and her human mother when she was just a baby. At boarding school, she met the understanding Simon Summers – who happens to be the only male fairy – and Eros Slayer, a powerful and dangerous yet surprisingly sweet vampire. She shares a rare mental bond with both of them – something that is supposed to be impossible. But Demona has been known to thwart the rules and boundaries of the supernatural world time and again.

In the first book, “Supernatural Boarding School”, Demona felt attracted to both Eros and Simon. She started a complicated relationship with Simon, only to discover her feelings for Eros were too strong to ignore. In “A Touch of Red”, she finally makes up her mind. But will she be able to pick one and stay friends with the other?

Meanwhile, Demona has to battle her inner vampire. At the end of SBS, we saw Dem finally experiencing bloodlust, something she had been dreading for months. The yearning for blood will certainly complicate not only her relationship with her bondmates, but her friendships will not be the same either.

Aside from yearning for blood, Demona also faces her complicated family history. Her mother – who had only just warmed up to her after the transformation started – is once again reluctant to bond with her only daughter. Will her bloodlust deny Dem a satisfying relationship with her mother? And what about Demona’s father? Demona is determined to find out if he is still alive. Her blood calls to him – he is, after all, her family.

It’s not just blood that rules Demona’s life. There’s also another red power yielding control over her. After finding out she can spot affection and love in auras, Demona has been made the unwilling confidant of both Will and Antwan. Red flames dance around the edges of both guys’ auras – but for the wrong girls! Will pines for Minnie, his best friend’s girlfriend. Antwan is inexplicably attracted to Demona’s human friend Anne, causing Dem to think about what it means for a supernatural and a human to be in a healthy relationship. How honest should you be to your friends and partner? Is it possible for a human to truly connect to a supernatural creature, or should both races stay divided?

Hotheaded as Demona is, red-hot anger also colors her days now. After the school board got fired, the World Wide United School Board has started testing her and forced her to see a psychiatrist every week. Constantly questioned, poked and prodded, there is nothing keeping Demona from going ballistic on everyone’s asses, being the impulsive girl we all love – and hate.