Chapter 1:His Majesty's Last Moment

Reminder: Before reading,I'm informing you that Igneel is a human being. And if you find out all the pairings are stupid(I DO admit that it's stupid),well,I know what I'm gonna do so just shhhh and you know what'll happen.

Natsu's P.O.V

"Natsu-sama! Natsu-sama!" One of the maids shouted my name from the outside with knocks on the door. I didn't want to speak to any of these slaves(except for commanding) even if it's the most shocking news I would ever heard. I just keep on playing the game that is on the top for years,but turns out it's just a childish game. Pshht. Why did dad even bought this stupid thing?

Another knock on the door along with my name being shouted can be heard again. "Natsu-sama! Natsu-sama,please open the door! It's urgent!"

I paused the game and stared and the door with voices on the background. "What's so urgent you stupid beings?! I'm the prince here! Nothing's more urgent than making you cry!" Hehe. That'll teach them not to mess with me. There was a minute of silence behind the door so I thought that they're gone.

Just when I'm about to enjoy this moment of silence,someone kicked the door of my room,making me realized that those slaves didn't even move an inch. And it turned out that the one that breaked the door apart is my personal butler, Gray Fullbuster,with an expression I had never seen before.

"I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE AN EFFING PRINCE OR WHAT," he said while tugging the shirt I'm currently wearing and stared at me so deeply that I'm not abled to even say a word. "BUT WHEN YOUR DAD IS ABOUT TO DIE . . . STAY. BY. HIS. SIDE. YOU EFFING SON."

He released me and I fell to the floor,can't feel my legs for the moment. Without waiting another second,Gray turned and stepped out of my room. While the other servan-slaves-were in shocked of what just happened. And to be honest,I'm in the same state as they are.

That's when Gray's words strucked me.'But when your dad is about to die . . . stay by his side you effing son." Uh,just ignore the last 7 words and . . . 'But when your dad is about to die . . .'

No. It's im-impossible. Dad is not . . . Th-that brat must be lying.

It's true that I thought that but it seems I cannot accept the fact that Gray is actually lying about it. I immediately strengthen my body and ran to dad's room. From what I can remember,it will took at least 5 minutes to reach there but maybe it'll reduce to 3 minutes if I run as fast as I can.

But what I'm expecting,is not what I expected. When I'm already an inch away from the room,almost-no-nothing could be heard. The luxurious of dad was filled with the maids,a group of doctors and nurses,and mom. I went closer to mom to comfort her of dad's death.

"Mom-"

"Natsuu,"

Someone called my name but somewhat,it's not from mom. I turned to my right and saw that dad is still . . . alive though he doesn't looked good enough to stand for a minute.

"D-dad!" I grabbed and hugged him firmly,tears streaming down. "Don't leave me!"

"Natsu," dad called me again with his usual grumpy-like tones.

I . . . kinda sobbed.

"Y-yeah?"

"When you turn 18, I'll let you have . . . the . . . title . . . King." It was supposed to be honor to hear that but I don't want to be a King. There will probably A LOT of work and I need to care about these citizens. When I was about to doubt him,that's when he closes his eyelids in a slow motion,proving that he's dead,for real.

<After King Igneel's Funeral>

Everyone didn't even speak a word during dad's funeral. The situation is too quite that I can't stand just remain silent. At least a voice is needed to be heard to avoid this awkward situation. My legs doesn't have the strength to stand anymore as soon as dad's corpse was buried. I just can't manage to stand anymore. I covered my face,trying hard to not let people know that tears were streaming,since the one who is going to become a king,is me. And obviously kings need to have a strong heart. 

But as I'm struggling into a standing position with this now-weak-legs,something that sounds like an idea of how to lead Fiore into a succesful country like my fath-no-more succesful country than my father had lead,strucked me.

<Mom's P.O.V.> #Mirajane

 I too,tried not to let even a single tear drop,eventhough my heart was thumping so fast that I even thought that it'll pop out soon. Who doesnt cry,when your beloved husband,died? I bet even the citizens of Fiore that Igneel treat them like his own chidren will cry. Eventhough it's the most bad ass person in the world. Then all of a sudden,my mind is filled with Natsu's names. Ah,yes. Natsu. He must be the only one who knows how I felt at the moment.

There are about 3,000 people who came to Igneel's funeral and it's quite impossible to search for Natsu now. I thought that the number of citizens will eventually decrease but unfortunately,it kept increasing. When I think about it,I was amazed by the amount of people that loved Igneel. Instead of crying,I smiled,believing that he'll live a great life in the Afterlife.

I walked to a random tree(to be honest,I don't have that much knowledge)and sat on the bench that was set under it. I breathed in and out,relaxing myself while thinking the whereabouts of Natsu at this time. Well,some people may said something like "OF COURSE HE'S AT HIS FATHER'S FUNERAL!" or "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS AUTHOR WRITING?!HE'S AT THE FUNERAL YOU DUMBASS!" and etc. But Natsu is not a normal kid like you usually saw in parks. He's the kind of child that sneaks out from a party that his friends did for him. To be precise,former friends. And yeah,that kind of kid.

I pulled out a bottle from my handbag and twisted the bottle cap to remove this thirst from my throat. But I stopped my actions when I heard familiar sobs that I rarely heard. Like a werewolf,I traced the "smell" of this sobs and turned out it's Natsu. 

"So he actually cries," As I was about to pat and comfort him,again,I wasn't able to move anymore when I saw Natsu . . . actually smiled behind that hands of his. After a moment,the smile turned into a smirk and somewhat an evil kind of smile. Sweat began to cover me while my heart pumped in a speed that I can't compare. It's been a long time since I felt this feeling. The feeling that I never even once felt when I married Igneel. The thing that called 'fear'.

I spunned around as a hand was rested on my shoulder. 

"Don't worry Ojou-sama," said Gray while kneeling down on me.

"I'll protect you from anything eventhough it'll cost my very life,"

"What are you saying? Didn't I picked you to protect Natsu instead of me?"

"I'm sorry to say this Ojou-sama,but. . . " he hesitated for a minute before continuing. "But I can't protect Natsu,"

"And why is that?"

"That's because,Natsu only thinks of himself. He treated me like I'm his doll or something. I'm sory,but I just can't."

"Well then," I smiled and said "It's okay,I understand. I'll announce that you're my official butler the next week. And don't think badly of him,from a toddler,he always thought that he's the boss in the house." Though I'm not sure if what I'm saying is satisfiying enough for myself.

"Thank you Ojou-sama,I'll definitely protect you." And with that,Gray stood,bowed,turned,and walked ahead of me,toward where the other royal guards were.

But one question still remained in my mind: Just what,is Natsu going to do with Fiore? I hope he doesn't waste his father's effort after Igneel went through so much while being the King everyone favors.