Chapter 18: Ex Bitch!

Start from the beginning

I just remembered his ex, the one who played both the best friends, and this one Barbara Bitch.

"Did you forget the contract we signed? The one which my parents gave, it states that we can divorce only when we have a family heir. Didn't you read the clause?" He asked frowning.

"I did" I remember now.

"Is that what is stopping you from getting a divorce?" I asked and his eyes widened at that. He narrowed his eyes at me now trying to think. He opened his mouth to answer but nothing came out. He just closed and opened his mouth like a fish.

I didn't want him to reply so I smiled at him and pecked his lips which meant he didn't have to reply and came to my side of the bed muttering a 'Goodnight'. I have no idea how I fell asleep as soon as I closed my eyes. But I did and I'm thankful to that.

***

Next morning, I finally arrived at my cafe. Early morning! It's still half past six and I'm already here. The thing is I just didn't know what's happening with my life. I had no aim. I was clueless. Maybe I should go on another holiday? But alone!

An hour or so later Christine entered from the back door. I know it was her. But I was in no mood to greet her.

"Oh my god! Kate! You scared me!" she said holding her chest. "Fu*king ..." she continued cursing and came back to sit opposite me. "What happened Kate? You seem off! Hey! You didn't tell me how was your honeymoon" she asked, and I chuckled at her excitement.

"That I will tell you later. Now come on let's prepare for the day" I said, and she frowned at me.

"No wait. What happened Kate? Is your man not good in bed or is his thing too small? Not satisfactory?" She asked so seriously that I burst out laughing at her while she stood gaping at me. "I'm serious Kate!" she said with her hand on hips.

"No, I know that." I said and continued laughing. Then I straightened myself and replied, "Sweetie... my husband is reeeally good in bed, in fact he's great, aaand he has a really big, I mean huge-" I said and burst out laughing again before I could continue. "And very satisfying"

"Well thank you" I heard a husky voice and I stiffened hearing that voice.

"You weren't supposed to be eavesdropping!" I said as I turned back.

"I'm glad I did" He said pulling me into his arms and gave me a brief kiss. And I stood shocked looking into his eyes.

"Oh, that definitely says he's great in bed" I heard from Chrissy.

"Chrissy!" I screeched and she ran out squealing.

"Why are you here?" I asked him.

"Why didn't you inform me before you left?"

"That was not the answer to my question. You don't answer a question with a question"

"Well, it was" he replied, and I frowned at him. "Well you left without informing me, so I had to see you're safe. So, I traced your cell and followed you here" He said.

"Doesn't matter" I said turning to get out of the room.

"What doesn't?" He asked.

"If I'm safe or not. It doesn't matter to you. Now.... go to your office... or wherever you do your work" I said and quickly escaped out of my small office cabin only to have him follow me. "Don't you have anywhere else to go?" I asked.

"Nope. I decided to spend this day with my lovely wife" He said smugly. Ass! 'Awwww' I heard Chrissy in the background.

"Shut up you two!" I screamed and went inside the kitchen made a coffee for myself and sat at one of the tables there.

Soon all the other workers arrived crowding the kitchen, I think we should shift the kitchen upstairs.

"Babe" Nick whined. I raised my eyebrows at his bizarre behaviour. "Let's go out somewhere... lunch, movie anything. Where else can we go?" He said leaning on to me as I moved away from him.

"I don't want to go anywhere. Nick I'm here after weeks... I have work to do"

"I don't see you doing any work" He sang. "Go get your coat, we have to leave"

"Where?"

"Just go babe" He said and went out.

"I'm ready. Now let's leave. I hope this is going to be worth it?" I asked and he nodded smiling at me.

I opened the door to my crowded and happy cafe.

"Nick!" I heard a squealing voice. "Oh My God! Is that really YOU!" A fair red haired girl squealed from the table in front of us.

Nick looked shocked and uncomfortable all at the same. "Uhm ya.. How are you and..... What's wrong with your hair?" He spilled suddenly. Why the fu*k is he bothered about her hair. Never has he even complimented mine and he's observing hers?!

"Oh that... I got cast in a short movie. We are actually shooting today. That is why the red hair... So? Long time no see?" She chuckled to herself.

"Who is she?" I whispered with clenched teeth.

"Evelyn... she's-"

"Oh yes. Hi, I'm Melanie" she smiled brightly making my face lose its smile as I turned to scowl at Nick. Why oh why God? Wasn't Barbara enough that you had to send this New Bitch into my life. Not new! Ex! Ex Bitch!