Accepting

Chapter 7

Aaron POV

Shifting into my large black wolf, I went running towards the woods. Feeling the breeze in my fur and my paws hitting the dirt of the woods normally relaxes me and that exactly what I need right now. Images of Taylor ran through my mind, she is just perfect except the fact she doesn't seem to want me. I don't think I could control myself if she is seeing someone else, the alpha in me will want to rip him apart for touching my mate. Only for mom and Ariadne, I would have knocked on her door and demanded an explanation. Stopping at the river in front of me, I shifted back to my human form. My head is all over the place. I need her more than she realises. I ran my hands through my hair with frustration. Everything in my blood is demanding I go and claim her as mine.

                                She is the person I have waited for. I never so much as touched another girls because I knew they would never match up to my mate. I got hell off the other boys but I stood there telling them no woman could ever match up to my mate and it's true, she is beautiful and strong, the first female warrior I have met, she would be a great luna to run the pack with me, if she would just give me a chance. I'm not going to be an asshole and start flirting to make her jealous, I will only drive her away and Ariadne would kill me. But that's not me anyway. I felt the air around me change. I turned expecting to find my mother or sister but instead Aphrodite appeared in front of me.

"Did you see? " I asked her.

"I did son, but do not give up, she loves you but she has had a hard life and in turn she has closed herself, be the mate I know you will be. She just needs to know you won't leave her and that your are strong enough to survive this battle, she is afraid to love incase it's taken away from her" she explained.

"How do you know all this? " I asked surprised.

"I have been around a long time, I have my ways. Now calm yourself, your mother is talking to her now. Don't worry, she is your destiny and she is destined to be a strong Luna and goddess when you mate. I must go but listen to what I have told you, don't rush things" she said kissing my forehead and then disappeared .

Pacing back and forth again, I tried to calm myself, thinking over and over what Aphrodite said. What kind of a life did she have if she closed herself off to the point she is afraid to love someone incase she loses them. Finally after an hour I calmed myself and shifted into my wolf and ran towards home. Just as I got to the edge of the wood's, I shifted into human form. Before I could step out of the woods my mother appeared.

"Did the run help?" she smiled.

"Aphrodite helped, she visited me, told me not to give us and be the mate she knows I can be" I told her.

"Good advice, I spoke to Taylor" she told me.

"You did, did you find out anything" I asked hopeful.

"I did. She might be tough on the outside but she is a broken girl on the inside. She has had such a hard life but I think she should be the one to tell you, she is ready to accept you fully, she is waiting in her room for you" she said.

"She wants to talk to me, are you sure? " I asked with hope building along with nerves.

"Yes, now don't keep her waiting, now go" she said smiling.

Walking into the pack house and towards her room was the most nervous I have ever been. Standing outside her door, I could smell her scent wrap around me. I knocked on her door and waited for her to answer. The door opened and I looked up to see beautiful blue eyes starting back at me. I couldnt help but get lost in them. She is perfect.

"Hi, do you want to come in" she asked, her voice sent shivers down my spine.

"Yeah, if that's okay? " I asked not wanting to push my luck.

"Come in" she smiled and stepped back to let me in.

I looked for somewhere to sit down but the only free spot was on her bed. So I cautiously sat down as she sat down beside me.

"I'm sorry about my reaction towards you, I shouldn't have acted so cold towards you, I was just shocked to find my mate especially an alpha and god" she said shyly.

"Its okay, I'm just glad your talking to me now, am I not what you want in a mate?" I asked.

"You are more than I deserve in a mate, I didn't think I would even have one, I'm just afraid to love you and then lose you" she said.

"Why would you think that?  trust me I'm the lucky one to have found you and you won't lose me, I'm not going anywhere" I said honestly.

"My family and pack were killed by rouges in front of me. Instead of fighting back I ran like my mother told me but not before I saw her die. I kept running and running til I found Clint' s pack. I barely made it there alive, I had to fight off rouges to get close enough to the packs territory to where I would be safe. That's why I became a warrior, I never want to feel that defenseless again. Having a mate made me afraid I would lose you in this fight and I don't think I could survive it" she said honestly looking into my eyes.

"You won't lose me, I am stronger than the average alpha or god, I'm a protector aswell, I was born to fight and protect the one's I love, that includes you" I told her.

"Make sure you keep yourself safe, does that mean you still want me" she asked hopefully.

"I wanted you from the moment I saw you, nothing will ever change that, I have waited for you for so long" I smiled.

She smiled and looked at me. Before I knew what she was doing, she climbed onto my lap facing me. I brought my hand to her face and caressed her cheek with my thumb before I gently pulled her face towards mine. This is going to be my first kiss and I'm glad it's with my mate. Sparks and electricity ripped through my body as my lips touched her soft one gently kissing her bottom lip. My heart was thumping in my chest as she ran her hand through my hair. I brought my hands to her waist and pulled her tighter to me. I could hear her heart beat just as rapid as mine. She pulled away, but kept her forehead to mine, as we both caught our breaths.

"That was better than I ever could imagine for my first kiss" she said with a slight blush on her cheeks.

"It was perfect, you don't need to blush, it was my first kiss aswell" I told her. She looked at me closey, trying to find a lie in what I just told her, the biggest smile appeared on her face when she found no lie.

"I'm your first kiss, I expected you to have kissed someone but hoped you hadn't slept with anyone" she said honestly.

"I waited so I could have all my firsts with you, I knew know one could ever match up to my mate and I was right, you are beautiful, perfect and strong, everything I hoped for a mate but never thought I would find til I saw you" I smiled.

She didn't say anything, she crashed her lips to mine once again and everything we talked about disappeared from my mind and my only thoughts were of how my lips felt on her, how her body fits perfectly to mine. I could help but moan as she tugged on my hair, I knew from the moment I saw her I would do anything for her, I will protect her and love her with every bit of me. Especially after opening up to me. My mom deserves a medal whatever she said to Taylor to help her accept me.