Save with you

Reader's POV

After a couple hours the door to the kitchen opened again and I looked at Masky. "Is he alright?" I asked and he nodded. I opened the door and ran towards him, I hugged Jack tightly and he groaned in pain. I pulled away quickly and looked down. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you!" I said quickly and then he started to laugh, man even that was hypnotizing. I felt myself getting bright red and I felt him lifting up my head. "You're a sweetheart.. thank you for saving me after all." He said and I bite my lip. "Jack I--" I started but he shook his head slowly and stood up. His entire top was covered in bandages, covering every inch of his skin, sadly.

Wait! What am I thinking!

He then turned his back to me and puts on his hoodie. He held out his hand. "Wanna go out for a walk?" He asked and I took his hand carefully, I could feel him smiling under that mask. It made me feel relieved somehow. "Gladly.." I said and we went outside.

We stopped at a small lake and I looked up at him, he was staring in the distance. I laid my head against his arm and I felt him getting startled of it. I pulled away quickly. "I'm sorry.." He said. "I didn't mean to scare you off.." I shook my head. "You didn't scare me.." I said and he looked at me for quiet a while. I frowned a little bit and looked back. "(y/n)?" He then asked, breaking the silence and I nodded. "Yes Jack?" "Why did you come.. to save me?" He asked and I looked down. "Well.. Jack, I.." He nodded slightly and looked at me. "Me too.." He said softly and grinned slightly. "I heard about it from Jeff.." he explained and I huffed. Cursing Jeff but also thanking him. After a short time of silence he was the one breaking it again. "(y/n)?" "Hm?" Looked up at him and smiled. "Please don't be mad at me anymore." He said and I nodded slowly. "I'm not." "Thank you." He said and sighed relieved. I laughed slightly and got on my tippy toes, I could just reach the edge of his mask and I kissed it carefully. Then he hugged me softly, his strong arms keeping me in a warm embrace. I closed my eyes and took in his scent. I relaxed in his arms, nowhere in the world I'd feel more save then with him. We stayed like this for hours on.. Until it was time to return to the mansion.