Not Another Crush - Part 3

Original Stats:
836 Views. 38 Votes. 17 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Not Another Crush - Part 3

{In Character - Lab Rats - Just After Part 2}

Bree's POV

━━━━━━━━━

I shook my head, forcing my hair up out of my face as I kicked aside the many grains of sand below my feet. The stuff was always seeming to get in the way. The only time I had actually enjoyed sand was when we had gone to the beach so long ago. But even then I spent most of my time at the shops or the games. Hiding from Davenport and the boys.

Or with Chase.

God! How long has this been going on for? Since the second we met? Since we had been growing up together?

I couldn't keep running from this. I would have to face it eventually. I would have to face Chase, anyways. But at the same time, it wasn't like anything could actually happen between the two of us. He was my brother... As far as I knew.

He wasn't just my so called brother, though. He was my best friend. He had been there for me through everything. Through our first day of school, through the times when I had ditched him for Caitlin, even when I had wanted to go to the dance with Jake Chambers. He had pretended to be me for almost two hours at that dance. He covered for me, just to make me happy.

There was no way in the world that he could ever like me, though.

He liked Danielle. He liked Sabrina. He probably even liked Kate, for all I knew. He apparently had a thing for blondes or girls with black hair. Girls who were either totally outgoing, or slowly got to be outgoing like that as they got to know him. He didn't want a girl that constantly spoke her mind like me. Especially since he knew just how desperate I had always been around guys.

"Ohh, he said hi."

"He's so tortured. Isn't it great?"

"Eww, he's talking about you!"

"Come on, Bree we'd better go or we won't get seats together - and when I'm minus you, I'm negative."

And now he knew why. He knew exactly why I had been tossing myself at all these guys. Why I had agreed to date anyone that even looked at me. He knew because I distinctively told him that I had liked him all this time. Even though I had just figured it out for myself.

Not wouldn't take long for him to figure out why I had liked all those guys. They were all like him.

I sighed, glancing up to the stars as I took a seat on the ground near the water, my fingers sifting through the sand in an attempt to find a seashell to play with. I could see the lights of the academy across the way starting to dim as everyone was going to bed. The only lights that still seemed to be on we're the ones in our living quarters.

That meant Chase was probably looking for me.

He wouldn't eventually feel guilty for keeping Adam and Leo up. He would have to give up his efforts at some point and time. It's not like I was over there right now. Like he could find me within a second. I needed some time alone as it was.

I pulled my phone out of my jacket pocket, scrolling down to Oliver's number quickly. I needed to talk with him. The only parts of this week long saga I had told him about, were the ones where I had messed up. How I knew I was the reason for everything going wrong. He had no idea about my crush on Chase. That was one issue I really needed to her off my chest.