Not Another Business Card

Original Stats:
2.6K Views. 66 Votes. 22 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Not Another Business Card

{In Character - Lab Rats - High School}

Third Person

━━━━━━━━━

Chase walked down the halls holding out his old business cards he had made so long ago. Adam rolled his eyes and made his way over to his little brother who still wore a bright face of enthusiasm for the others in the halls.

"Chase, didn't I already tell you that this wouldn't work?" Adam tried as played with the straps on his backpack. Chase shook his head, instantly dismissing his bionic brother.

"Yes, you may have said something about it when I was trying for student of the semester, but that was then. Now, I'm going to win student body president. And I don't need your help." Chase countered as he crossed his arms over his chest. Adam sighed and leaned back against the lockers at the side as Chase held out his cards to the passing students.

"Vote for Chase. You won't regret it." Chase bantered as the students took the cards. Adam smiled as one final good comeback hit him.

"Yes, you will." Adam teased. Chase whirled around to see his brother in full, the anger hitting him as his peers laughed happily.

"Adam!" Chase hissed. Adam held up his hands in defense before something caught his eye. Chase's bionic hearing kicked in as a familiar cough sounded through the halls.

"Bree?" Chase questioned as he turned around to see his older sister walking over to them, holding her jacket tightly around herself while sniffling. Her face was hot and her hair was strewn in about twenty different directions.

"What happened to you?" Adam asked sarcastically. Anyone who even caught a small glimpse of Bree at this moment, could tell she was sick.

"I'm sick, dumbo." Bree snapped, sounded stuffed up as she pulled a tissue out of her pocket. Chase frowned in sympathy as he shoved his cards into his jean pockets. He walked over and pulled Bree into his arms, knowing that was what she needed.

"Bree, I have been trailing after you, picking up tissues for like half an hour. Go. Home." Leo ordered as he met his friends by the lockers. Bree shook her head and pushed her face deeper into Chase's chest. Leo sighed and tossed the tissues into the trash can, instantly seeing more of Chase's face than he had ever wished to see. Not this again.

"Chase, give it up. You will probably win like secretary or something with these. I don't even think I saw this many business cards from the last time." Leo cluttered as he stopped next to the group once more. Chase rolled his eyes and held Bree close as Adam stood back up straight.

"Do you want me to take you home?" Adam asked, half hoping she would say yes and half hoping she would say no. He wanted to eat lunch, but he also wanted to go home.

"No, that's okay-"

"No, it's not. You are leaving." Leo interrupted before pushing Bree forward. Chase lunged ahead and caught Bree as she stumbled along, holding her up again.

"I'm taking you home." Chase whispered in her ear as he held her. She nodded numbly, not knowing exactly how she felt. All she knew was Chase was right next to her.

"Okay." She mumbled as he began to walk her out the door. Adam shrugged and fisted up a piece of Leo's shirt before pulling him forward and to the door of the school.