Among the stars

"Look daddy! Look at the stars!" Yukio shouted excitedly to her father.
"Yes, i see the stars, Yukio." Her father replied, warmly smiling.
"Someday, when I die, I want to be one of those stars! Just like mama is!" Yukio chirped.
Her father smiled and held his daughter in his arms and said "Yes you will Yukio."
One of the tribes guards came running up and said, "Sir! Kathar! There are intruders in our camp!"
"What?! Rally the tribe!" Kathar shouted, picking up his scepter and preparing himself for battle.
"Hide here Yukio." He told his daughter, to which she nodded, and he headed into battle.
He called out a battle cry and charged with his tribe at the enemy.
"Sir!" His trusty companion Shiro called, running besides him. "These people are really dangerous, so do be careful!"
"I will Shiro." Responded Kathar boldly.
The tribes were locked in intense battle, with crus and war calls coming from both sides. Kathar eaisly slashed the incoming enemy's down, knocking them over effortlessly.
Suddenly, a strong force bowled him over and kneeled over his fell body.
The figure wore a black robe and mask, and they were holding a silver dagger in their hand.
They raised their dagger, Kathar closer his eyes, preparing for the inevitable. But it never came.
"Don't hurt my daddy!!"
He heard a loud call and a crashing noise and the sound of a body falling to the ground. He opened his eyes and saw his little Yukio standing before him, her mothers staff in her small hands.
"Yukio! What are you doing here?!" Kathar shreiked.
"I'm keeping daddy safe, just like mommy did!" Yukio bodly proclaimed.
He looked at his daughter to see his fallen wife for a brief second but quickly came into reality.
"Yukio! Stay by me!" He commanded, and Yukio obeyed.
He fought valiantly for the safety of his precious daughter, one of the last things he had left that was precious. He saw her swinging her mothers staff around, batting away the incoming enemies.

"Be careful Sahara." He told his wife, as she cut down rows of enemy's.
"Of course I will be my sweet Kathar, you don't need to worry about me!"
He smiled at his beautiful wife and looked into her azure blue eyes, and continued to fight for them and their precisous daughter.

The whole area was a mess of blood and fallen body's, some from each tribe. Yukio was growing tired from strain, and even he began to feel some aching too.
Suddenly, he looked up, and he saw an enemy archer aiming at him. They released the arrow. His heart stopped.
"Daddy!!"
In what seemed like a split second, Yukio threw herself in front of her father, taking the blow of the arrow into her stomach, collapsing and crumbling.
"Yukio!!"

The next hours were hectic, he rushed Yukio to the medic, only for them to lie her down on a mat and try to heal the deep wound in her stomach. The battle had ceased, his tribe had won, but at a cost. Countless were dead, many more were injured, and his daughter was dying.
He felt a tear rolling down his cheek as he sat next to Yukio, watching the life fade from her. He then felt a hand raise up and wipe his cheek. He looked and saw his wife in Yukio, he saw her soft comforting look she always gave him and her soft soothing eyes.
"It'll be okay." His wife and Yukio said in unison.
Yukio then reached out and held his hand and said, "Don't worry daddy, I'll be safe in the sky with mama, and we will always keep you safe."
She looked at him with relaxed and soft eyes, making tears fall down his face.
"Hey daddy?"
"Yes?"
"I'll be my own star, right daddy?"
He smiled softly, tears streaming down his face.
"Yes you will my sweet Yukio, yes you will."