Kisses

Their kisses were special, things they both cherished. They never knew when they'd be able to see each other or kiss each other again, every time they went on different missions.
Kiba was, surprisingly, the most passive kisser. He liked snuggling and gentle kisses and feeling Shino's lips trace gently over his face. Sleepy kisses were some of his favourites and Shino always tried to oblige. He felt like the world couldn't be as bad as everyone thought when Shino's arms encircled him and he felt his hot breath on his ear. Long hugs and watching the world revolve around them, could there be anything better? Sometimes, they would hide beneath blankets and whisper little secrets to each other. The soft covering made them feel like they were in their own, comfortable, small room. Even if they were in the middle of nowhere, one kiss with closed eyes could make them feel like they were back home. They mapped out each other face using pecks and rubbing noses. Shinos glasses always came off when they kissed because they felt alien, to both of them. Kiba felt like they weren't Shino, even if they had been with him for so long and had become part of his image. Shino felt that his glasses got in the way when they kissed, that they stopped him from loving Kiba when he couldn't see him. Kisses on the cheek were important to Kiba as well. To him, he felt that kisses on the cheek meant: "I love you and I care for you." And he was sure that they both showed it very well.

Shino was the one who's kisses always seemed to lead to something else. They'd roll around together while they clutched each other like they would fall apart if they weren't clamped together. Shino pulled Kiba deeper into wonderland and how that dog fell. They swore often while they kissed, savagely complimenting each other. Silent kisses were sometimes painfully endured but that was only because Shino felt like he couldn't breathe enough to speak. Sadist, masochist, they were both as they drew deep emotions in each other's hearts. Shino loved it when Kiba pulled his head back by his hair, forcing Shino to bear his throat to his lover. Kiba would bite and scratch and mark and Shino would howl and call Kiba's name.
Everything went off like the Fourth of July when they came together. They often sat or lay when they kissed because oxygen escaped them and cut the strings in their knees. Time never seemed to pass while they kissed and fought an internal battle with their brain and their heart. Although Kiba liked gentle kisses, he craved the feeling of nearly losing control. Shino pulled him to that cliff and they balanced against each other, holding hands and yelling down at the insanity which rested at the foot.

Gentle kisses, fiery kisses, they didn't care which. Yes, they each preferred one over the other, but if they had each other, they would do anything if it made the other happy. Suffocation by gentleness or by insanity? They held both in their hearts, the perfect couple, the perfect duo, the perfect team.
Who could ever be as good as them?