Night on the Beet Farm

WARNING- some *steamy* stuff

Jim came back into the room to see Pam under the covers, watching him.

"He didn't stop, did he?"

Jim smiled and looked up. "Nope."

They could still hear Dwight's moaning across the hall.

Jim took off the shirt he had thrown on to go out into the hall and crawled back under the covers as Pam scooted over to give him room. Not too much room though.

He put his arm around her as the noises across the hall continued. "Sexy, huh?"

Pam turned from her back to her side to look at Jim with a smile. "What do you mean?"

Jim still looked up at the ceiling. "Well, this is our first night out alone together and, well, I don't know I just expected the atmosphere to be a bit more romantic."

Pam stared at him.

"You know, like a hotel room after a nice dinner or something." He sighed.

"Jim Halpert."

He turned his head to look at Pam and she placed a hand on his right cheek. She scooted even closer, their faces only inches apart. She brought her mouth to his ear on the pillow, and whispered in a steamy voice,

"Are you telling me you're not turned on by this irrigation room right now?"

Jim rolled his eyes and looked back up with a big smile. "Come on, Pam."

"What?" She giggled.

He turned left and looked at her again. "You know what you do to me. How you make me feel."

Pam's smile was gentler now, still only inches away from him.

She was so beautiful; the irrigation room could never be enough to turn Jim off. How could he ever be turned off? Here he was, in bed with the smartest, funniest, prettiest woman he'd ever met. He had waited so long for all of this and now he was here. In bed with Pam.

"Hey!" Pam pulled her arm up and poked his nose playfully. It was still so weird to be so close to Jim, and jokes were a way of avoiding awkward silence. Not that that was ever a problem for them. "You know I was just messing with you."

Jim smiled and rolled over to face her. "You sure you weren't trying to change the subject? I know you've been with Roy for forever and that this is still so new for us and I don't want to take it too fast because-"

"Hey!" Pam put her finger on his nose again. "Don't be silly. You know how I feel."

Jim smiled. "Well how do you feel right about now?"

Pam looked away feigning thought, her hand stroking her chin. "Cold."

"Huh," said Jim. "Even with me here?"

She looked back towards him and put a quick kiss on his lips. "You're too far away."

Jim couldn't take it. At the very least he was allowed to kiss her. That was definitely known territory.

He pulled his arms around to her back, which was under an old t-shirt, and she stretched her legs out so that he could pulled her closer.

Their lips connected gently, and Jim played with her lips so that her lower lips was in between his. As he slowly slid his tongue over her bottom lip and into her mouth, Pam brought her hands up to run them through his hair. She tugged on his ear with one hand and stroked his neck with another and Jim pulled her as close as possible as he explored her mouth with his tongue. It was nothing new, but something about laying under covers in an almost-private room made her so much sweeter and softer.