*Chapter 15

Mulai dari awal

"This is Meri Aro, she's a friend of mine." Avani explained as she blew her coffee colder.

"Aro you say?" Sein remarked, "you're from a pretty prominent Aurean family, aren't you? Sein Atthill pleased to meet you, miss Aro." Sein said with a polite grin.

"Nice to meet you too, sir. I don't really know all too much about my family's history, I apologise." Meri said politely, taking a small sip of her coffee.

"Don't worry, I'm sure someone will be able to inform you." Sein said with a laugh. Just as he was about to drink the last of his coffee, William stepped into the room, with a pair of oversized pyjamas hanging over his frame.

"You're up, Will." Sein said with a smile, and just then and there William's eyes rolled back in his head and he hit the floor with a loud thud. Suni flitted around him with a cloth.

Avani looked to Sein, "I guess the excitement was too much for him." She said, while Sein practically snickered.

"This is not funny, you two." Suni said sternly.

"Of course it's not, love." Sein replied with a gentle smile, "why don't you set him up in the bedroom, and we'll have someone wait by his bedside." Suni nodded and he helped her carry William back to the bedroom.

"So... that's the Sovereign Prince?" Meri asked as they left the room.

"You just met the entire Sovereign Family." Avani said.

"Really?" Meri's eyes went wide, "and he treats you like you're part of it!"

"Technically, I am. But not biologically. I was adopted by his brother, so my name is technically Avani Sai-Atthill, but I don't use the Atthill extension due to the fact that I don't consider Iman my father." Avani explained.

"Nuri's past may be the goriest, but yours is by far the most interesting." Meri said with a laugh.

"Vani," Sein came into the room again, "Suni and I have been talking. We believe it's time we told you something."

"Alright, I'm listening." She replied as she took a sip of her coffee.

"You remember when I found you as a child in the Slums? And I took you back to our room at the inn? Back then Suni was hesitant, she'd practically just had William, and when you up and punched him in the face I knew she'd never say yes, but she's changed, you've grown up, and you've matured. You're not trying to stab me in the leg anymore, are you?" He said with a nostalgic grin, as she laughed along, "we've been thinking, it's high time. After everything you've done for us, that you become part of the family. Not that you aren't... but officially." Sein finished off, and for the first time Meri saw real emotion in Avani's eyes. It was as if her eyes swelled up with gratefulness, happiness, and sadness all at once as she dove into Sein's arms.

"Took you long enough, you old fart." She said through tears, and Sein laughed, he laughed that carefree laugh she'd only heard once or twice when he'd tried to read her to sleep at the orphanage.

"After this is all over, I'll make it official." He said after she stepped off him.

"I don't mind waiting another year or so." She said jokingly, as they heard noises coming from the bedroom.

"I guess his Royal Highness has awoken." Avani remarked as she gestured for Meri to remain in the kitchen, and Sein and her left to go to William's room. His skin still held a pallid glow, and one could see he still wasn't over the hangover.

"You might want to sit down for this." Avani said as she pushed a chair closer to the bed.

"Avani?" He asked, confused.