"I believe you. Don't make me regret it," he says and Harry holds out a hand. Draco, looking stunned, places his hand in Harry's. So it was that Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy, sworn enemies, shook hands and put their past behind them.

"So, how about we go back to the Three Broomsticks and order up some butterbeers for the 4 of us. Hermione, Draco, why don't you join us after you talk and such. We still have a full day of laughter and merriment ahead of us," says Ginny and she grabs Harry by the hand and pulls him away, heading back into town.

We both watch them until they are small specks in the distance and we are alone. There is a strange tension in the air and though I want to run over and throw myself into Draco's arms, I stay put and watch him until he turns back to me.

"Are you okay Hermione?" he asks quietly.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I tell him, still feeling the weird strain in the air.

"Are you sure? I mean, are you sure you made the right choice?" he asks and the tension is at breaking point. Now it all makes sense. I walk slowly over and when I reach him, I take his hand and weave my fingers through his.

"Of course I am sure. I never make a choice without meticulous thought and studying all the alternatives. It hurt to break Ron's heart, it hurt to turn him away. But I knew that if I chose him, if I left you, it wouldn't just hurt. It would kill me," I tell him and the tension breaks. 

Draco drops my hand and wraps both arms around me, crushing me against his chest. I wind my arms around his shoulders and return his embrace. Though we have been sleeping in the same bed and have been practically inseparable for the last week, I can count on one hand the number of times I have truly kissed Draco. Usually, it is just a lingering peck on the lips or a brush across my cheek or forehead. But this time, he really kisses me. The blow you out of the park, body burning, finger tingling kind of kiss that everyone dreams about.

His lips are hard and warm as they move against mine, his now familiar taste explodes on my tongue as his tongue sweeps against it. One of his hands is on the small of my back, pressing my body flush against his so I can feel every curve of muscle, every inch of hardness and softness that makes up his body. His other hand is gripping my hair, holding my face against his. I couldn't escape, even if I wanted to, which I don't. My blood feels like liquid fire as it rushes through my veins. Every time Draco kisses me like this, I feel that new sense of passion, but it has never been like this. This time it feels like it is burning out of control. All of the most sensitive parts of me are  on fire, screaming for attention, begging for more contact. This is when Draco or I usually pull away, but this time, he just grips me tighter. My fingers dig into the skin of his back as I grip the smooth material of his robe tight in my fist. My heart is pounding in my ears and I can barely breathe. 

I don't know how long it lasted. It could have been hours or days, but it felt like seconds. Eventually, Draco pulls back just enough to end the kiss to give both of us a little breathing room. 

"We have to stop before I lose it," he gasps, trying to catch his breath.

"Party pooper," I grumble, but I know he is right. We have to stop before things get out of hand. For one thing, we are out in public where anyone could see us. And if we weren't in public, if we were alone in our room, we should still slow down. The decision about how far to let his go should not be made while both of us are dizzy and not thinking clearly due to all the hormones pouring through us. we really need to talk before something happens that neither of us are ready for. 

"Well, should we go meet Harry and Ginny" I ask, shivering. When I was wrapped up in Draco and before that when I was fighting with Ron, I didn't realize just how cold it had gotten. It was sunny earlier so I didn't bother to bring my cloak. Now I am regretting it.

"Are you cold?" asks Draco, pulling me closer.

"I forgot my cloak. Its okay, let's just go to the Three Broomsticks. It is always warm in there," I suggest.

"You go ahead, I'll run back to the castle and get our cloaks. I have a feeling it is only going to get colder and the walk back isn't exactly short when it is freezing," says Draco.

"Are you sure? That's a long way back," I remind him.

"No worries, I'll meet you at the Three Broomsticks in a few minutes. Don't drink my butterbeer," he says, giving me a warning glare, and then laughing, he kisses me quickly on the forehead and takes off down the road toward the castle.

Shaking my head and giggling at his light mood, I head back toward town to where my friends are waiting.

Draco

The walk back should be cold and long, but I barely notice it. I still can't believe she chose me. She actually wants to be with me and not just because it is her only option, she actually wants to be with me. It still blows my mind. I can still feel the touch of her skin against mine and the heat from her body pressed against me. I shouldn't have let it get so far. There is a reason I don't kiss Hermione like that all the time. It isn't because I don't want to, not by any means. If I had my druthers, I would spend all of my time kissing Hermione and holding her tight so she can never escape. But if I did that, I don't know how long I would be able to control myself. I have never felt so attracted to anyone in my entire life. Her every touch ignites a burning flame under my skin that rages out of control whenever I lose it around her. Which would be okay with just any girl, but Hermione is different. She makes me feel things no one else has ever made me feel. Her touch affects a lot more than my body, it affects my entire being. My soul, my heart, everything that is inside me longs for her to be closer. And because of that, I refuse to let my body control me. I want Hermione to know she isn't just some girl that I want. She is something much more, and that is the only thing that is powerful enough to stop me from ravaging her every chance I get.

Before long, I am walking through the deserted castle halls, trying to hurry so I can get back to Hermione. The more time I spend with her, the harder it is to be away from her, even for short periods of time. So I am totally spacing out when a hand tipped with long, poisonus gree nails whips out and grips my wrist, haulting my movement.

"Hi Draco, long time no see. How are you?" asks a snakelike voice from the shadows of an alcove to my right. A girl steps out and she is not in her Hogwarts robes, which is shocking enough, but what she IS wearing is even more so. She has on a short pleated skirt that looks like her school skirt shrunk in the wash. She has on a tight button down shirt that is unbuttoned until I fear she will fall right out of it. The top of her black bra is visible below her bulging chest. Her make up looks like she painted it on with a roller. Her dark green eyes are shining out from behind long, heavily mascara coated lashes. Her full lips are blood red and glistening.

"Nicola?!"

Love Thy Enemy (Finished)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara