Chapter 20: Let Her Go

Start from the beginning

"I know. And I need you there with me. I won't be able to do this alone."

Clarke stayed silent for sometime as she tried to weigh the consequences. She knew that the closer she was to Lexa, the more this was going to hurt. But she was in too deep. She couldn't leave Lexa alone to deal with this alone. She knew Lexa was hurting as much as she was.

She nodded.

"The things I do for love," she managed a weak smile.

---

Raven and Octavia were awake and waiting for Clarke when she entered the tent and dropped her bag on the ground unceremoniously.

They looked at each other, unsure of what to say.

"It's ok, you guys can talk about it. I'm not going to explode." Clarke said, and plopped down on her mattress, sighing.

"We can always smother that Costia bitch with a pillow in her sleep, jussayin" Raven said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Appreciate the plan, but I don't love those metal plates for beds in jail, thanks!"

"And you had what in that NouKru rig? Fur pelts for beds?" Octavia rolled her eyes.

"So you taking up the offer?" Raven asked.

"The Commander's Guard? Hmm...I guess I am..."

"You know that you'll have to be around Lexa 24x7...even when...you know...Costia is there..."

"Yes. I can't leave her alone, Ray. She already has too much to fight. Not me too," she sighed.

"Sheesh...You'll be like the second or third most important person in Polis then... The Personal Guard of the Commander of the Five Clans!"

"I'm in half minds to run away to Azgeda and unleash Nia on these damned Jahas."

"Wait up, I got something," Raven said, and pulled out a joint from her pocket.

"Is that...damn that looks like good stuff!" Clarke said, realising.

"Sweeeeet" Octavia smiled.

As Clarke took a long deep drag, and blew the smoke out, she felt her body relax, and everything she had been holding back came crashing upon her.

Half an hour later, the three girls were sprawled on the tent floor, the tent filled with copious smoke.

"It'll get better, man,"Raven said.

"Yea, we will kidnap Lexa!" Octavia giggled.

"You mean Costia," Raven pointed out.

"Yea, I dunno why I confused the names. One is Heda. One is wanheda."

"No duh! Clarke is wanheda... She's the one the Heda wants... See? Clarkey?"

Both of them turned to look at Clarke who was lying down, curled into a foetal position.

"Hey... hey Clarkey... We'll figure out a way, C'mon!" Raven stumbled over to where Clarke was, and hugged her.

"I love her. She knows it... Why did she have to do this?" Clarke half shouted, half sobbed. "Stupid, stupid Lexa!"

"Stoooooopid Lexa!" Raven chimed in. "Hey... Are we stoned?"

"I think." Octavia tried to sit up. "I feel so sad for our Clexa, man."

"What's a Clexa?"

"A Clarke and a Lexa," Octavia giggled.

"Lexa and Costia are so Lostia man... Totally sucks!"

"Will Lexa really, really-really say the 'I do' and marry her?" Clarke asked more to herself.

"Grounders kneel and swear fealty. Saw a marriage last year," Raven said.

"Heda kicks people out of towers..hehe" Octavia suddenly said.

"You got one fluffy scary racoon, Clarke," Raven laughed.

"Tell that to Lexa, and I'll give you my double edged sword," Clarke said.

"Tell me what Clarke?"

All three of them lifted their heads to see Lexa stand at the tent flap.

"Ooh goddamn" Raven swore.

"Umm Bellamy told me all of you were well, not quite fit for the journey to Polis tomorrow and I came to check." Lexa mumbled, looking uncomfortable.

"It's ok, we don't totally hate you. Yet." Raven assured her.

"Yea, you broke our Clarkey's heart, Commandress...commandle... commanders.." Octavia said.

"I'll be super important in Polis, shuttup!" Clarke said, sitting up.

"Clarke you sure you will be up for tomorrow's journey? I don't want everyone questioning my decision to appoint you."

Clarke smiled and looked at Lexa. "Ill be alright, Lex. I'm up for anything. For you, a thousand times over."

--

A/n: Just a small note. Reminder that even if there will be a few chapters where nothing will go in favour of Clarke or Lexa, it'll be still full of Clexa. Hope you're enjoying the story😀