Selfish Words

Mark's POV

Once I finished doing the dishes like Jack asked, I walked back out into the living room where Jack was watching the news. I sat next to him and pulled him closer.

"Ey!" He said, startled.

I chuckled and he moved to lay on his side, with his head on my lap. We listened to the news for a few minutes until Jack suddenly spoke up.

"Word-Stealers have been becoming quite popular now," he sighed.

"Ugh, not those guys again."

Word-Stealers, where do you even start? The fact that someone desires to try and cheat someone into thinking that they are their soul mate is disgusting and disrespectful. When that person asks where the words are, they say something along the lines of, "I'd rather not show you, it's kinda private," or something like that.

"Someone tried to get me to fall for that once." I said.

"Doesn't surprise me, you're a great guy."

I chuckled and played with his hair. "He actually kinda looked like you," I replied.

Jack exhaled and said, "Might have been my cousin Anti. I know that he's a Word-Stealer."

"What were his parents thinking when they named him Anti!?" I laughed a bit, hoping I didn't offend him.

"I think they were either drunk or he just doesn't want to share his name. Maybe that's why he doesn't have words."

"That's a weird thing to happen."

"But you gotta have some sympathy for them, they just want someone to love." Jack replied.

"You're right, but they also seem to have the desire to hurt people." I countered.

"Depends."

I moved my arm around Jacks back and the other around his waist. I pulled him in for a hug, which he gladly returned. He kissed my head and rubbed my arms a bit. I couldn't help but smile. He moved again so we were laying down. I wrapped my arms back around his waist and rubbed the small of his back.

"My pretty little baby boy." He kissed my forehead and then my lips. I smiled into the kiss and Jack tangled his hands in my hair. We broke apart and pulled the blanket over ourselves.

"I'll stay here until you're asleep, but then I gotta go to Felix's place okay?"

I nodded. I pulled him just a bit closer, loving his comforting touch. I mean after all we're soulmates, why wouldn't it feel right. I soon fell asleep. I dont know how long I was out, but I woke up cuddling a pillow and no sign of Sean.