Chapter 2

Lucy placed the pot of lasagna on the table in her living room. "Alright, dig in guys, but don't make a mess!"

Everyone took a piece and placed it on their plate. After about a minute of eating, Lucy spoke up. "So Erza, tell us a bit more about this mission."

Erza nodded and finished chewing her food before explaining. "The city is called Fauqier City. It's a nice place, I've done missions there a few times before. The wizard guild there is a bit reckless, but they have good intentions."

"Wait, aren't they called the Circus Guild?" Gray asked.

Erza grinned. "Yes, that's correct. They are a guild mainly known for performing. They provide great entertainment for their city every year." She frowned. "But there's another guild in the city, a dark guild, called the Grimm Guild. And it seems that they've disappeared, as well."

"I bet the dark guild has something to do with it," Natsu said, still chewing his food.

"But Natsu," Happy began, "Erza said that the dark guild also disappeared! How would they have had something to do with it?"

"Well, they may have disappeared along with everyone else, but that doesn't automatically rule them out," Lucy stated. "Also, who sent the request to the guild?"

"Makarov said that it was someone from the Circus Guild," Erza replied. "They disappeared shortly after sending it, though."

"Hmm...and when do we leave?" Asked Lucy.

"Gramps wants us to leave tomorrow," Natsu said. "Can we NOT go by train? Please?"

"Don't be such a baby, flamebrain."

Lucy sighed. "Here we go..."
--------------------------------------------------------
After everyone finished their dinner, Lucy washed the dishes while Erza, Natsu, Happy and Gray planned for the mission. She was going over the info in her head while they talked.

Clearly something was going to happen, and the Circus Guild knew that, which is why they warned us before they disappeared. How did they know, though? And how on earth could a whole city suddenly disappear? If the Circus Guild knew something was going to happen, why didn't they leave someone outside the city to help whoever came to them? Unless the Circus Guild isn't as innocent as many think...

"Want some help?"

Lucy squeaked, jumping at being startled so suddenly. She looked to her left and saw Gray standing there, plate in hand as well as a dish towel.

"Uh...sure! Thanks, Gray." Lucy gave him a small smile and returned to washing the dishes.

"Are you alright? You seemed a bit...off." Gray picked up one of the clean plates and began to dry it, placing it in the drying rack afterwards.

Lucy looked up at him. "Off? Oh! No, I was just thinking about something. About the mission. It's not important. I'll tell you about it if my hunch is right."

Gray raised a brow at her. "What's your hunch?"

She placed a soapy finger on his lips, smirking. "I said I'll tell you if it's right. We haven't gone on the mission yet so be patient." She removed her finger when she noticed his cheeks reddening. "Aww, look at you being all flustered! It's cute!"

He frowned. "I'm not cute."

"What's going on over here?" Natsu appeared on her right, picking up some dishes. "Who's cute?"

"Me!" Happy said, settling on Lucy's head. "I'm cute, right Lucy?"

She giggled. "Yes you are, Happy."