1 - Strange Occurrence

"Have you ever thought of how much time you have left? Well, I guess you don't have the time to think about it, but I know that you should, because you don't have much time left."

"What, are you trying to say?"

I was supposed to be working, but, some idiots just had to interrupt me

I was supposed to be working, but, some idiots just had to interrupt me. Honestly, I really don't have the time for this!

William walked towards my workspace and gently puts his hand on my chair, "Hibiki, how's your evening? I see you are working again. maybe you should loosen up a bit, you know, have a cup of tea, chat a bit." He smiles.

Really? Did William have to be one of those idiots? 

A random guy in the corner of my room suddenly spoke up, "Helium, it's no use, Hibiki will never stop working as long he is alive."

William stubbornly replied, "First, I already told you a thousand times that my name is not Helium and secondly, Hibiki just needs some time to get use to it! Right?"

Out of annoyance, I stood up with a sigh and turned around to face them. My expression being blank.

"Yes, yes, yes, now if you could please be so kind to get out my room, have a good night." I pushed them out the door, but William stops the door with his foot.

He whispers, "hey if something abnormal happens again, tell me okay?" 

Sometimes I can't figure out who's older, me or this cheerful, idiotic, ball of fluffiness.

"I promise." 

William walks into the darkness while waving his hand as I gently shut the door behind him. Then I turned around and as soon as I thought peace and quiet at last. Boss, my 'dad', came barging in and stood in front me, he was a very small man, but he has a big heart, which is inconvenient for me because he likes to socialize. 

"Com'on Hibiki, go outside and get a social life!" He nagged.

"But, Boss-I mean, dad, I'm really trying to work okay?"Seriously, if I don't finish making this Olsolma by twelve-thirty then I can't give it back to the customer by tomorrow evening, which means suspension from my job for at least 1 day, and that's not okay. 

"Sure, but you can finish that later. Before you find a friend by tomorrow, you are temporarily fired."

"Wha-"

He took my collar and pushed me out the door without letting me finish the sentence. It's not like I don't want to socialize, it's just that I don't have time for it right now. The fact that he doesn't care that it's the middle of the night kind of bothers me. But again, he's done stranger things than that before. All I need to do is find a friend, that's easy since he didn't say it needs to be a new friend. I just need to do is go and grab William, the sooner I can get it done, the better. 

Sprinting along the twisted footpath, I caught a glimpse of a music event occurring near the bakery

Sprinting along the twisted footpath, I caught a glimpse of a music event occurring near the bakery. Everyone in Muroria plays an instrument or sings, William plays the flute, the flute is made from rosewood with William Walker engraved on it, it's not my proudest work, but he says it's the best flute in Muroria. I can't play an instrument or sing, Boss says that it's because I was adopted, which I don't believe so I ignore it. Speaking of adopted, I've never seen William's family before, though, there are rumors about him concerning where he comes from. I trust that William would never lie to me about things. If he doesn't want to say anything, I won't ask, because everyone has their own reasons.

As the cottage at the end of the path comes to sight, my surroundings start to fade and a black hole opens up beneath me. Falling into the endless pitch, I try to process what is happening. Until coming back from an overload of information, I realized that I am sinking into a bottomless, large body of water, soon finding out that I am still breathing, thankfully. Looking up I see that the entrance is already no longer there. So what am I suppose to do now? Just sink deeper and deeper and deeper? Overwhelmed with questions a bright light swallows me whole and everything becomes quiet.