Chapter Nine: The Cans

Eridan, Vriska and John walked into Can Town. John was weeping loudly. The wizard just laughed his evil laugh and said:

"John, now I know how to get you to date me. If you don't, I will kill the Prince, and you will watch him die."

"Dude, you do not have to kill Dave. He has already promised to date me. He cannot break such a promise."

"Neither of you has a heart. How can you ever expect to be happy if you know that someone does not love you? But you will see. Love is stronger than spells. You will never succeed in getting what you want."

At this, they saw Dave coming towards the castle on his horse.

"We shall see which is stronger, love or hate!"

The wizard made a wall of fire appear in front of Dave. Dave could only think of John. He rode right through the fire without getting hurt.

John said triumphantly: "You see. I am right."

As he ran from the wizard, he tried to block his way by making the cans fall in front of him. But John just ran faster and escaped past them.

The Prince saw John exit Can Town. He took him in his arms.

"John, I will never let you leave me again. Say that you will stay with me forever."

"I will, I will! I love you Dave!"

The wizard appeared at the top of the steps. Vriska was behind him.

"You will not escape death this time, Dave."

The Prince took out his sword. John tried to stop him.

"Do not fight him, Dave. If he kills you, I will lose everyone I've ever loved."

"You are right John. Dave is only a boy. He is no match for me. Now, come back to your room, and let this little boy go back to his friends."

"Eridan, your words will not discourage me. I would kill you now, but I will give you one last chance to live. Let us leave in peace and never come near John again."

"You really are a little boy if you think that you can harm me."

Eridan raised his hand, and John flew through the air to where Vriska stood. Dave ran at Eridan and tried to stab him with his sword. Eridan put his hand up. The sword touched it and turned into water. Without a sword, Dave attacked the wizard. Eridan threw Dave backwards. He picked up a stick and turned it into a sword. He pointed it at Dave's heart as he lay on the ground.

"Eridan! Don't!"

"Say you will date me John, and I will let him live."

''Don't do it John! Don't make yourself more unhappy just for me!"

The wizard prodded Dave with the sword.

"And you have promised to date me, Dave. You said you would always love me."

"I said that because I thought you were John. I would never marry you. I would rather die."

Dave took the wizard's sword and pushed it deep into his own heart.

"Dave, no!"

Something strange began to happen. Can Town began to shake. Large cans fell to the ground, and Eridan and Vriska were killed. John ran to Dave. He took the sword out of his heart and pulled his body out of Can Town, before it fell to the ground.