Something new

It was a cold November day. I was sitting on the couch of my sister Rilyn and her boyfriends house.
She let me move in with her and Mitchell (her boyfriend) after I dropped out of collage, and my boyfriend cheated on me.

I was majoring in nursing. I've wanted to be a nurse since my parents passed away when I was little. It kinda screwed with my head, since I was a strait A student. After my boyfriend cheated on me, I fell into a bad depression and my grades started to fall. So my sister took me in and tried to help me get back on my feet.

I felt bad for being a burden on my sister. I felt like I always got in the way of her dreams. She was never selfish. She always put me before her. She always smiled, trying to show me that she was ok. But I knew she was struggling.

One day, she felt really sick. Mitchell and I just thought it was the flue, but we soon found out she was pregnant. We were so happy. But I knew I had to start being responsible for myself. I knew she couldn't have a baby, and support me at the same time. I had to get a job and find a place to stay. I didn't want to be a burden anymore. I stayed up all night searching for the right job. Then I saw it. A flyer for job openings at a local bar.

~time skip~

I ran home so excited. I was finally going to be responsible. Live on my own and support myself. I bust through the door, out of breath. Rilyn and Mitchell, who were sitting at the table eating, staring at me in shock. Finally I catch my breath. "I found a job." I say, breaking the silence between us. Rilyn's eyes go wide. "You what?!" She jumped out of her chair and bear hugged me. She picked me up and spun me around. Mitchell walked over to us. "I hate to break up this hugfest, but Rilyn, you need to be careful. Remember you're carrying a baby." He says, as he carefully grabs her hand. "Oh come on party pooper. How am I not supposed to be happy when my baby sister just got a job?!" She giggled. She then turned back to me. "So where're you working?" She asked with an excited expression plastered onto her face. "It's at Dinnéar agus Deoch. It's a nice restaurant. And I'll be working at the bar." I smile. "This calls for a celebration!" She exclaimed. She grabbed three glasses and grabbed a bottle of flat sprite. She poured it and handed Mitchell and I both a glass. "To Clover, getting a job. May this be the beginning of something new!" She said, raising her glass. We raised our glasses and took a sip. Rilyn looked at me and smiled warmly. "I'm really proud of you Clo." She walked over to me and ruffled my short hair. "It's no nurse degree, but I guess it'll do." I commented, giggling. We all laughed. I knew this was the beginning of something new.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey guys. This was my very first chapter. Thanks for reading it. I'll try my best to to update. Please comment any ideas you may have.