Movie night

•Edd's POV•

I wake up to some rustling outside my bedroom door. I get up tiredly and walk to the living room and see clover packing a small bag.

"Uh Clover?" She jumps and turns to me quickly. "O-oh I'm sorry I woke you." She says nervously. I walk toward her and glance at the clock to see it was 3:00 am.

"What are you doing this late?" I yawn. She looks away. "I'm just going to.... uh.... see an old friend." She mumbles. My eyes widen. "What... what did you say?"
She looks at me confused.

'Old friend' that phrase echoed in my mind. Is she going to leave just like-
"I'm just going to see a friend." She says quietly. She turns around to open the door but I grab her hand hastily. She turns around surprised by my actions.

"Um, Edd?" She looked down at my hand. "You'll come back , won't you?" My voice cracking. I blush realizing what I'd just done. I let go of her hand. "S-sorry..." she smiles softly. "It's ok, I'll come back. Don't worry."

She waves and closes the door as she leaves. "What is wrong with me? As if she'd do something like what... he did." I sigh and walk back to bed.

•Clover's POV•

I sigh in relief. "That was close..." I look down at my bag. I kinda feel bad for leaving him alone.

Why was he so worried about me leaving? Does he have separation anxiety or something?

Well, whatever it is, it's ok now. I need to get to work or Red leader will have my head.

I rush out the building and head to the base. Once I arrive, I head to the changing room and get into my uniform. As I was strapping my boots I began to hear some of the other female solders gossiping. I tried to ignore it but then I heard something very strange.

"Did you hear what Paul said about the new recruit?" One of the girls whispered to the other. "No, what was it?" The other questioned. "Well, I overheard him talking to Red Leader about her and Paul said he needs to keep his focus on work. The Red Leader told him he was just observing her closely." They both whispered back and forth as my eyebrows furrowed. What do they mean he's been observing me? "So do you think he fancies her? I mean, he does seem lonely." "I don't think so. There's no way a plane Jane like her could snatch the eyes of Red Leader. He's to hard a cold to fancy someone." They snickered and then left. I shook my head and finished getting dressed.

I head to the first aid room and start patching solders who have been in training. I couldn't keep my mind off the subject of Red Leader watching me. It was strange. Why would he be watching me? I can't be that interesti- "OW!!" I jump and realize I pulled the bandage on the solders arm to tight. "Oh s-sorry." I apologize and loosen it. He gives me a scowl and walks out.

Paul soon walks in and I glance back at him while I restock my supplies. "Ehem..." he clears his throat awkwardly. I turn to him. "Yes?" I watch his eyes dart away. He seemed nervous. "Is something wrong sir?" He shifted his stance. "I just want to ask you a few personal questions." He started. I nodded for him to continue. "Uhm... what is your favorite food?" His question caught me off guard.

I just stood in front of him confused. "Uh... well, I guess Thai? Why the sudden interest?" I questioned him back. He froze for a moment. "I was just curious. Sometimes the solders bring food for everyone so I just wanted to know." It was a bit strange but I just shrugged it off.

"Alright, well I have to get back to work I guess." I gestured to the supplies. "Of course." He saluted and walked out. I guess everyone in the base was acting weird today.

~timeskip~

It was almost time to leave, so I started to clean up all my things. I finished wiping down the tables and went to change my clothes. When I walked into the locker room, I passed those two girls who were gossiping earlier. I glanced the other way to ovoid any awkward conversations. I could hear them giggle to each other as they passed me.

I changed out of my uniform and grabbed my bag. As I was walking to the base exit something grabbed my attention. "Red Leader?" He was standing in front of the entrance. I looked up at him nervously. 'Am I in trouble? Did I do something to upset him?' I thought. He seemed uneasy about something. He then spoke up. "Clover, I was w-wondering if you would like to h-hang out outside of the base sometime?..."

I was taken aback by his request. This was so strange, seeing him here, stuttering. And blushing?! I began to blush as well when I realized that what the girls were gossiping about was true. 'Does Red leader.... f-fancy m-me?...' I thought to myself. I looked back up at him. "I g-guess I could." I said nervously, to scared to say no.

He seemed happy when I said yes. "Ok, good. How about tomorrow after your work is over?" He said. I nodded in response. He smiled softly and walked past me. "I look forward to it." He said as he walked away. I stood there for a moment in a daze. 'Did I just agree to a date with the Red leader?!?' I thought to myself. I walked out and headed back to my shared apartment.

~timeskip~

As I walked down the hall to my apartment, I couldn't get the days events out of my head. Does Red leader actually see me 'That way'? I don't know what to think about all this. I mean, I've only just gotten out of a relationship and have only known Red leader for a little while. What will happen if something comes from this? Will my sister find out I've been working undercover? Will I be looked down on by the other solders? Wait... why am I thinking this? I don't actually see Red leader that way. I shouldn't be worrying. I think I just need a break from work. I should spend more time with my friends.

I opened the door and was greeted by a black fluffball rubbing against my leg. I look down and smile. "Welcome home Clover." I heard Edd say as I close the door. I set down my things and pick up Ringo. Tom and Matt were sitting on the couch watching movies while Edd looked to be cooking something. "Hey guys." I wave and the two on the couch wave back without taking their eyes off the screen.

I glance at the screen to see what's so interesting. Looks to be some horror movie. "Tonight is movie night if you'd like to join us" Edd says from the kitchen. "Sure I'd love to!" I run to my room and change into my sweatpants and my hoodie. I walk back to the couch and plop myself right next to Matt. Edd sits next to me with a bowl of popcorn he smiles and offers some to me. I grab a handful and shove it in my face, Edd chuckles.

We spend the rest of the night watching the movie, joking around, and eating junk. Tom stands up. "Well, Matt and I should be heading out. Goodnight guys." Matt follows Tom and waves as they go to leave. "Goodnight!" Edd and I say in unison as they close the door. I stand up and stretch and start to clean up all the food. "I'll get that Clover, don't worry about that." Edd says as he grabs the dishes from me. "Are you sure? I really don't mind." I respond as I watch him walk to the sink. "It's fine." He smiles. "Alright thanks." He puts the dishes away and starts walking to his room. I start walking to my room when I'm stoped by his voice. "Hey Clover, wait." I turn around to face the brunette. "Yeah?" He reaches his hand toward my face and plucks a popcorn kernel from my hair. "Sorry, it was there all night and it was bugging me." He blushes and chuckles. "Thanks."

"Well... goodnight then." He rocks back and forth awkwardly. I smile. "Goodnight Edd." I close my door and lay in my bed. Edd is such a sweet friend. I should really get to know him better.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi my kohai's! I'm back! So I have really important stuff coming up so go check out my Instagram @_.OctTri._ for more info on what the future holds! Thanks for reading!