Home

When I woke up, I wasn't in the hallway anymore. I was in bed with someone, snuggled up warm in his arms. I would have gladly stayed there if it wasn't for one problem.

I really had to go. I started to wiggle out of his arm yipping a bit. I was hoping I could wake him up this way, but he was pretty deep in sleep. I climbed on his chest, putting my face in his. I licked his nose and cheek, sniffing around his eyes.

He groaned, and tried to push me away. I growled and gently bit him: a warning. "Fine fine, I'm up", he said tiredly. He sat up, and I fell in his lap. I jumped off the bed, this time landing sort of properly. I still stumbled a bit. I ran to the door, putting my paw against it and yipping. He got off the bed and opening the door.

"We'll take you to the indoor garden, Tony can't get too pissed about you doing your business in there." He picked me up, taking me to our destination.

He walked into a kitchen, "Wow, it rises." a woman's voice said. He grunted, carrying me a little bit further and setting me down in grass. I immediately began sniffing around for my spot. I hobbled around everywhere, and I heard a laugh. I would have paid more attention if I hadn't been so focused on my hunt.

"You know James," the woman said as she walked in, "You two look alike." she grinned. "Ha, don't think I'll be hearing that one again," the man (james? I guess. Last night people were calling him Bucky I recall) grumbled. I had finished doing my business and I ran (or at least tried) to him. I kept stumbling over myself on my way over to him. He leaned down to pick me up and I backed away. I wanted to walk.

He turned out of the colorful place, and walked back toward the kitchen. The woman walking next to him, me behind him. He kept looking behind at me to see how I was doing, and it made me happy. Someone cared about me. We reached the kitchen, which is where I finally let him pick me up cause he was sitting on a really high chair.

The kitchen was almost like a bar. The countertop in front of us and beyond that everything for cooking. He put me on the chair next to him, scratching me behind the ears. I yipped at him when he pulled his hand away.

Who gave him permission to stop?

"I went to the market earlier," the woman started, "Picked you up some plums."

"Thanks, Nat." James said. He reached into one of the paper bags on the counter. He pulled out a fruit. I whined, I was hungry. The man looked at me. "I almost forgot. Nat watch him for a sec."

He went down the hall, leaving me with Nat. She looked at me, and started to pet me across the counter. She started singing sweetly, it was really nice and I felt calm. She stopped petting me and went around to put everything away. Her voice soft and melodic.

James walked back in, holding 3 bags. He took 3 blue pill capsules out of one bag, and weird brown stuff out of the other. The weird brown stuff smelt really good, and I really wanted one. I tilted my head curious about what he was doing. He put one pill each in three of the smell-good-things. He set them in front of me on the counter. I smelled them, taking one in my mouth. These things tasted really good.

I ate the rest of the three quickly, it was delicious. He set two bowls in front of me one with food and the other with water. I ate ravenously, I was suddenly very hungry. He smiled, running his hand down the length of my body. He want back to eating his plum. I could really get used to this.