Chapter 1-Saying Goodbye

'Softball is just too much drama, I would kill to play with the guys...'

-Max

____________~*~___________

Chapter 1

"So basically, your just going to pretend to be a guy at your new school...and you think you're going to get away with it?" Jackson asked, his arms crossed over his broad chest, an unbelieving look on his face just like the rest of my team.

I nodded, a goofy smile still stuck on my face," Yeah, just for baseball season, then when the season ends, I'll just reveal that I'm a girl. It won't kill anyone," I reasoned back.

Name's Max Port, and yes I'm a girl...well not for long, still I'm all female. Currently I'm standing in front of the team, my coach off to the side chuckling like a few others, while my five closest friends- Jackson, Tyler, Derek, Matt and Luke stared at me with a mix of shock and a look that said,'You're joking right?'

My lips pursed in thought and I looked around at the many faces I have grown to love. "You guys act like I'm getting a sex change! Look I'm just gonna get guy clothes and stuff, it's simple," I argued back loudly.

Derek spoke up, standing from the locker room bench and holding his towel. Practice had just finished up and I just came in to talk to them, Derek's incredible six pack on full view from other sports...gosh he was gorgeous.

Yeah you caught me, I'm totally crushing on my best friend, but hey, don't most girls?

"It's not that easy Maxxy, I mean you have to talk like the guys, be like a guy, all that good shit...you don't actually expect to talk about periods and rainbows and get away with it do you?" He asked, leaning on the locker next to me.

A scowl crossed my face as I punched his shoulder playfully,"I do not talk about my periods and rainbows so screw you guys," I said, rolling my eyes as the others began to deny my statement.

"You kept stoping practice because of your cramps" Matt said in disbelief.

"You stole my snickers and said it was for the great cause of your PMS!" Someone else yelled out,causing the locker room to erupt with laughter.

I scoffed at their accusations...which may have been true. "What kind of friends are you guys, and you all have moms and sisters so its nothing new,"I said back.

Some stood up to argue but coach broke them all off.

"Alright, alright!" He yelled, walking over to stop next to me.

"I hope you know what your getting yourself into Port, cause it won't be easy," he said, looking down at me and smiling.

Coach was one of those good looking old guys, that had grey hair and seemed to pull it off. He was like my second dad- maybe even better than my first dad.

I slid an arm around him and hugged him,"I'll miss you Coach," I said sadly, knowing that this was the last time I would see them at practice.

He chuckled and patted my back,"Don't be too sad, we play your little Oakland High at the end of the season," he replied, musing up my pony tail and causing a smile to cross my face.

Every one in the locker room cheered out, and another yelled,"Group Hug!" Causing everyone to hold onto each other playfully.

"Matt, I swear you better take your hand off my ass before I hurt you!" I warned after a second of peaceful silence.

Some laughed and I heard someone smack his head. He chuckled softly behind me,"Sorry couldn't help it...I'm really gonna miss that ass," he admitted.