Phases

Phases

We all go through this in our Pre-Teen and Teen years. As in you want to be the “It” girl or the “Outsider” I’ve always been the outsider and my mom told me it was a “Phase”. I want this story to relate to some people, If you consider yourself as one read this story.

There was once this girl named Erica Jenner, all her life since kinder she was just that one awkward kid. If she asked people if she can play they just stared at her and silently walked off. All through elementary she at least had 1 person that would understand her, and that person was herself. But now she is an 8th grader at Challenger Middle School and she see’s different groups at lunch tables. As in “Popular” Girls, Athletic, Smart People(nerds),Rockers, Skaters Etc. But she knew in her heart that she was her own person. She didn’t want to be that girl just awkwardly standing there so one day on January 15th 2012 she decided to change it up a bit.

Erica, instead of just either having her hair in a hair tie or just straightened, she curled her hair, did her make-up and put perfume on. Once she stepped into her classroom all the boys just glared at her, Erica’s says to herself:

“All the boys stared at me is this a new beginning?”

“Why do they notice me now since I changed my usual get up?”

Her crush named  Ben Artela he had flippy lush brown hair, just a guy who’s plain and simple and listens to the same music as Erica. She stood in shock she would’ve never  thought in a million years her crush would come straight up and talk to her.

“Erica looking good” with a tiny grin on his face

“Thanks!” Erica said. “I thought it was time for me to change”

Ben spoke “Change is good I’m not only talking to you for that though even if you look great today”

Erica stood there wondering why he came to talk to her

“Erica… I want you to know I like you, even before you did all this”

Erica glared at Ben for a moment but then she noticed how much attention she got from all the boys in her class. So besides answering ben she smiled and just walked away, and Ben knew since she was shy she would think about it……he was really wrong about that. 2months later Ben saw that Erica was going out with the Captain of the Football team, His name was Devin Sanders he had a reputation for getting girls. He knew that Erica deserved to be at least happy because he saw how lonely she was during school and only hung out with like 1 or 2 people. But Ben thought about Erica a lot he didn’t want this “Popularity” thing to get to out of hand with her. Soon enough the “It” girls are supposedly friends with her just because she is going out with the Captain of the football team. 

Valentines Day dance one of the biggest dances of the year where a couple dances happily in love. Erica and Devin walked in the dance room and Ben saw them while he was hanging out with his friends. 10mins into the dance the DJ said “Alright which one of you happy love birds want to pick the next song! Erica and Devin chose Kissing In Cars by the band Pierce The Veil. Ben’s face dropped to the floor that was the song he wanted to dedicate to Erica cause that was her  favorite band. Meanwhile… 30-45mins into the dance Ben noticed something suspicious about Devin he observed what he was doing. Ben’s eyes were furious! his veins were coming out of his head he saw that Devin was giving girls his number and tapping the girls behinds. So Ben decided to get his camera out of his pocket and found out he can only video what Devin was doing for 5mins. He finally captured the shot he was hoping to get and he wanted to show Erica but he didn’t want to break her heart because she looked so happy but the truth had to come out…He called Erica over

“Erica I don’t want to hurt you but….I’m going to have to show you something”

Erica responded in a worried voice “What? What is it Ben?!?!?”

Ben sighed “Last night at the dance while you were dancing with Devin I caught something on camera that you certainly will not like”

Erica got suspicious “Show me! What is it’

Ben got the camera pulled it out of his backpack, turned on his camera looked for the video and saw that the video disappeared he remembered that he cleaned his memory card. Erica was losing her patience.

“Ben if you have nothing to show me then why did you call me and why would I get hurt?”

Ben stared to the ground because he wants to show her that Devin is not the guy for her.

He knew that ever since Erica has changed she won’t be the same he want’s her to understand but it’s going to be a challenge. Ben has knew Erica since 2nd grade and never seen her  this happy, he want’s to tell Erica that this “getting noticed” stuff isn’t worth it he thought she was more beautiful and outgoing when she was just Erica.