Chapter Thirteen

Click the external link to see Aliah’s outfit!

~COPYRIGHT 2012~

*Aliah’s POV*

Ethan and I had been texting since that one day I met him at the beach. I was beginning to really like him, although we were really only talking over the phone. I had to decline all of his offers to bring me out though. I felt bad, but midterms were going on. However, now I’m free. And guess what? I just got asked to go and hang out with him. He told me to dress warm, seeing as we were going to be outside and it was fall.

I dressed in a pair of jeans, boots, and a knit sweater. I wrapped a scarf around my neck and headed to the park where he told me to meet him. When I got there, I found him sitting on a bench, staring off into space. I sat myself down beside him and smiled, although he wasn’t looking at me.

“Hey,” I said.

His head whipped around and he looked at me. A smile appeared on him face, showing his amazing teeth and cheekbones.

“Hey, how are you?” he asked.

“I’m great. You?”

“Fantastic,” he grinned. “Shall we?”

He got up and motioned for me to follow him. I gladly accepted and followed him. We began walking the trail, asking questions to one another. We learned about one another’s families, favorite foods, favorite colors, and things like that. It wasn’t anything big. But this small date was perfect for me. At least I was alone with him.

“So I heard that you’re friends with some of my friend’s boyfriends,” I informed him.

“Yes, I am actually. We’ve all been best friends since high school. We all live very close to one another,” he replied.

“That’s great. You graduated, right?”

“Yeah, I graduated last year. I presume that you’re a senior?”

“Yep and I can’t wait to get out of that hell hole. School is horrible for me,” I revealed.

“Aww, why?”

“I only have my small group of friends and every time that I fell for someone, God found a way to keep them away from me. I’m beginning to think that love isn’t real,” I told him, blushing.

“Well maybe God is trying to tell you something,” he suggested. “Maybe he was trying to tell you that those guys weren’t right for you. After all, has God separated the two of us yet?”

I flushed a deep shade of red. “No…” I trailed off.