CHAPTER THIRTEEN.

(Belle's Pov)

Time flows by when you're having fun.

A saying overly used. Days had passed by within a blink of an eye, and before I knew, it had been a week since I started working here. I had gotten used to my surroundings. I learnt most of the large prison grounds off by heart. But there were just a few rooms that I had yet to memorize.

Other than that, there wasn't much of a change. I had somewhat gotten closer to my patients, but I knew there was a long way to go before they'd completely open up to me. Not to say that was the case for all of them. Some of them were more than welcoming to talk about their past and I liked that.

However, there were some inmates which had trouble opening up or were either hesitant. But I didn't know why - I would never judge them. And automatically my mind thought of him.

Sam Blake.

I could truthfully say that, since I stepped foot inside of this prison, he had me intrigued. It was strange and sometimes I thought I was becoming a creep of some sort. He'd be on my mind, countless of occasions and for all sorts of reasons.

I had so many questions I longed to ask him. So many little, big thoughts about him, which I knew were secretly going to drive me insane. I just wanted to know...

Who was the real Sam Blake?

And what was his story?

That's all I wanted from him - at the very least.

I found myself frowning as I walked down the faintly familiar route. The set of keys clinked with one another in movement with my every step. It was a late Friday night evening. I had taken the set of keys from Daniel, finishing up his locking of jail cells.

I think it had become an arrangement of some sort. Since Daniel first left last week, I sort of just took his keys from him and waved him off, telling him I'd see him in a day or two. I'm pretty sure I surprised him by that. 

My smile slipped into a half-smile, but I then thought back to Sam. Not much progress occurred between us. I could see there was a large part of him which pulled him back from opening up. I think he didn't want me to think too much of him. But it only did the opposite.

There was even a moment I thought back to the rumours Daniel told me about him. What if there was really some truth to it? But I pushed the thought aside the second it entered my mind. No matter what, I'd never believe in anything, unless I knew for sure myself.

I let out a low breath, continuing to walk towards the first ground of jail cells Daniel would normally close up for. The further I walked, I neared towards it, my heels echoing in my ears. It was the only sound to be heard, and it was a little scary.

Calming the light nerves in my stomach, I stepped towards the first jail cell. It was the same inmate holding an MP3 in his hand, earphones plugged inside of his ears and a motionless expression playing on his face. He bobbed his head to the beat.

I chewed down on my bottom lip, twisting the lock shut. I moved onto the rest, inmates doing different things. I even passed one jail cell which had an inmate watching what looked like TV. But the little square shape with a red border, had to be only about seven inches wide.

It surprised me to see the inmates have technology with them. I didn't even know they were allowed to have a MP3. 

It shocked me a little.

Suddenly, the light nerves sitting in my stomach decided it was their time to spring back up into action, when I thought about the second last cell I would have to lock. Because that cell was no other than Mark's.