Prologue: The BIG Day

Start from the beginning

            “I can’t believe today is the day,” Denise told Paul.

            “I know, we’ve waited a whole month for this,” Paul agreed.

            “We all get to go right?” Frankie asked.

            “Yes, you get to go,” Denise said.

            “So, are we going to be in the courtroom, out of the courtroom?” Nick asked.

            “Well, depends.  I would like all of us to be in there as a family, but if we’re only aloud a few people, it might be just your dad and I, then you kids could just wait outside.”

            Danielle smiled, “We don’t have to go mom if you don’t want us too, and we could all stay here.”

            “Well, I would like us all to go as a family,” Denise told her.

            “Well, Alex did say that she would like mom and dad to go with her,” Kevin told them drinking his coffee.

            Nick looked up, “I was planning on going.”

            “Me too,” Joe added.

            “Well, we’ll ask her then,” Paul said.  “If she doesn’t want all of us to go, then you kids can stay here.”

            “But we all got ready to go,” Kevin added.

            “I hope everything goes okay mom,” Nick said.

            “I know sweetheart,” she said going over to hug her son.  “We all hope everything is okay.”

~*~*~*~

            Back in Alex room, she doubled checked everything.  Made sure that she was dressed very nice, and presentable.  She grabbed her purse and some papers beside her purse, and headed downstairs.

            She saw her family at the table and around the kitchen.

            “Good morning everyone,” she smiled.

            “Good morning Alex,” they said together.

            She sat down at the kitchen table in her spot between Nick and Joe.  Got her some cereal, pours some into a bowl, and poured some milk.

            “Do you have everything with you?” Denise asked.

            “Yes, I have everything,” she smiled after a mouthful of cereal went down.

            “Do you want the others to go, or just mom and I?” Paul asked.

            Alex thought about it, “I don’t know.  I mean, I don’t want too many people in there.  If the Jonas Brothers were in there at the courthouse, it would look really suspicious.  I rather have the boys stay home.”

            Nick and Joe both drop their spoons at the same time into their bowls.

            “Alex, we have been waiting for this, we wanted to go,” they said together.

            “I’m sorry, but this is my deal.  You guys are a big part of this, but I don’t want the fans to see this,” she said looking at both of them.  “We made that agreement that until the paper is done then we take the next step which is telling the fans.”

            “Fine,” Joe sighed.

            Nick went back to his cereal, “Okay, we’ll stay home.”

            “I’m really sorry you guys, but it’s going to look really suspicious with you guys there at the courthouse, and you know that if the fans are there, they’ll go nuts trying to figure out what is going on.  I’ve already been in the public eye as is, I don’t want to take drastic measures until its final.”

            Frankie smiled and raised his glass, “To start a new life.”

            Alex looked at him with a big smile, “Yes, thank you.”

            “To a new life,” Dani said raising her glass.

            “To a new life!” everyone else said raising his or her glass or cup of coffee.

            “Alexis, are you sure you really want to do this?” Denise asked.

            “Of course, the damage is done.  It’s time to become apart of this family after twenty-four years.  I’m ready to become a Jonas sister,” Alex said with the biggest smile on her face.