Prologue: The BIG Day

Prologue

            Somewhere in Westlake, Texas, in a big huge home, and in one out of six bedrooms, the sunshine is shining through a big window onto the floor, making the purple and blue walls pop.  Up against a wall is a huge king size four post bed, with a lump in the middle of it under purple and blue covers hiding.

            The lump moves and a moan comes from the bed, as there is a knock on the bedroom door.

            “Alex, are you up?” a male voice asked.

            The lump on the bed doesn’t move or say anything.

            There was another knock on the door.  “Alex, it is time to get up,” the male voice said louder.

            “Mmm, I’m sleeping, go away,” the lump said.

            The man chuckles, “If you don’t give me permission to come in, I will go get the pin from dad.”

            “It’s unlocked, what do you want?”

            The door opens, and in walks Kevin Jonas dressed up in suit pants, a button up shirt and blue tie.  “Mom and dad made me come get you up.  Today is the big day, you need to go.”

            “I don’t want to,” she whined.

            “I don’t care.  You may be my oldest sister, but today is the biggest day of your life, and everyone is going.”

            The head of Alex pops up from the bed with messy dark brown curly hair looking at her brother.  “Everybody?” she asked.

            “Yes, everyone is going.”

            “Can’t mom or dad just take me?” she asked with a whine.

            “You don’t want your siblings to go?” he asked with a raised eyebrow.

            “Fine,” she sighed, and as she sat up more, she looked at him.  “Get out!”

            He laughs turning around and shuts the door behind him.

            Alex moans getting out of bed, and goes to the bathroom to get ready.

~*~*~*~

            Kevin comes downstairs and sees his family all dressed up and sitting around the kitchen table eating an easy breakfast.

            “Did you get your sister up?” mom Denise asked.

            “Yep, she’s up.  I told her if she doesn’t get up I was going to come down and get the pin from dad.  However the door was already unlocked.”

            “Well, she knows she can’t lock the door unless she wants to be left alone and have some privacy,” their dad Paul said.

            “Well, since she is the oldest, she does have the right to lock her bedroom door,” Denise told him.  “But if we need to get in, we have the pin if was really have too, so you can’t threaten her with it.”

            “Okay,” Kevin said getting his coffee.

            “Is she up then?” Denise asked.

            “Yep, she headed to the bathroom when I left the room,” Kevin told his mom.

            Everyone thought that it would be nice to be presentable in the courthouse for Alex court meeting with a judge.