A Destined Dream (A Realistic Dream For An Idealist Person)

I am walking down the familiar street that I take to school. The sky is blue the way it is at dawn and it's drizzling.

For some reason I suddenly feel really late for something so I start running but my feet feel more heavy than usual and then suddenly I stop and look up at the building next to me and I see a hooded guy standing on a thin metal piece, the ones that are in construction sites, coming out of the building- I don't remember that being in that building -the building is not a tall one, but the guy looks depressed with tears smeared on his face and he looks down as if it's a longer way to jump down there than it seems to me. But I still feel panicked so I try talking to him, to get him out of jumping and to convince him that whatever bothered him wasn't worth dying for, but he doesn't spare me a glance. It doesn't seem like he's ignoring me, it appears more like he can't hear me, like he's in another dimension.

I make up my mind and run towards the building and start running up the stairs. In every floor I would check if that was the floor he was in, but I keep going up flights of stairs after flights of stairs even though I remember he was only on the second floor or something but when I reach the tenth floor I finally find him.

I go out of the window after him, but when I get out of the window and start walking on the metal piece, I suddenly get transferred to another place- probably the place that he seemed so engrossed in- it's pitch black and there's a different  road underneath us with cars racing  with lightning speed and it's not drizzling; it's hammering down on us and it's soaking us wet.

I start walking carefully towards the boy trying not to slip by crouching down and grabbing into the metal piece with both hands while inching forward and trying my best not to shock him and make him fall but he notices anyway. He looks down at me and at that moment I notice that he has brightly-colored eyes. I can't tell what colour, exactly. Because then he faces forward again.

I let go of the metal pole and rush forward, on impulse, forgetting the slippery railing, as he steps forward into air. My heart jumps as I fall and hold onto the metal piece hugging it tightly with both my arms and legs and then I relax a bit when I find out that the guy is still holding on to the metal piece with one hand. Now, the hood is down because of the fall and the strong wind- now I can see that his eyes are green, earthy green and he had golden hair moving wildly with the wind- I jump to grab his hand before he completely falls, but when I hold onto his hand, it becomes clear to us that our hands are too slippery to hold on for long. I notice that he's holding on too firmly for someone who was trying to jump not so long ago. So I look deep into his eyes and see a glimmer of hope pass through them, just for an instant before it disappears and he returns to looking like before; his eyes so deep, I can drown in them, yet they look so lifeless I can't read them- all of this passes through my mind in a second or two as his hand finally loses hope, following its owner, and becomes lifeless as well as it slips out of mine and he falls.

I close my eyes in panic. I don't hear him fall but I see it in my head while my eyes are shut- just a glimpse- he's on the road with a big puddle of blood oozing out of him while cars keeps running over him like he isn't there.

But then, I open my eyes and gather my courage to look down, but I am surprised to see that there is absolutely no body down there, no blood,  nothing. No traces of anyone who just fell down there. And the cars just keep coming and going.

I feel helpless and lost. I don't know what to do now, still holding onto the metal piece, completely paralyzed and haunted by what just happened, but then I hear a distant beeping sound  'beep'  'beep', it goes. And it keeps getting louder and louder until...I wake up with a start, looking around with my heart beat thumping in my ears, realizing that the beeping sound was coming from my clock so click the button and stay in bed a bit more, replaying the dream I just had in my head- more like nightmare- it seemed- and still seems- so real...

Then the thought of drawing the face of the boy in the dream hits me.  It seems like a special dream for some reason, like the dream and the guy in it mean a lot.

I get up still haunted by the dream and head towards my desk to grab my sketchbook. Then I return to my bed and start drawing the face of the guy in the dream. Just the basics, nothing much. The eyes, nose, lips, hair and the outline of his face and neck. Just so I wouldn't forget and maybe I'll work on the detailed shadowing later on in school, maybe.

I put my sketchbook in my backpack and go to the dining room to eat breakfast.

                                       ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Author's note:

Please vote, comment and tell me what you think.