chp 1

averys pov

Heres the story of me a small town girl, and the famous shawn mendes.

-

today i start at a new school, so new classes, so new first impressions. i want to look my best, but not try too hard. i put on an army green long sleeved dress and knee high brown boots. i put my long brown hair into a ponytail and slip on a silver necklace. i then apply some mascara and eyeliner and go downstairs.

i get my backpack and head to the bus stop. i turned 16 a couple of weeks ago so i only have my permit but once i can drive, youll never see me on that bus again.

-

i get to the school and go to the office to get my new schedule. they offer to show me around but i tell them im fine. but i soon realized i shouldve taken that offer considering i have no idea where my first class is. its science w/ mr ambula. i pass a guy where a leather jacket and sunglasses making out w a girl. i silently throw up in my mouth and try to look around for my class.

"you must be new, here let me help you" a girl says to me, she has blonde hair with freckles.

"thankss" i say and she leads me to my class.

as we're walking she starts to tell me about the school and how im gonna love it here, then she asks me about where im from and if i do sports all that. but she stops when we get to mr ambulas class.

"good luck!" she says smiley.

"thankss, hey whats your name?" i ask

"haley, and yours?" "Avery"

i open the door and everyones eyes are on me, mr ambula mustve started already, i mean i am like 15 minutes late.

"you must be avery, hi im mr ambula. take your seat right back there at the lab table" i look to where he pointed. is this a joke hes making me sit by myself, guess its what i get since im new.

"class this is avery, shes new and she'll be joining us this year"

everyone nods and he starts to talk about a project we're doing with our lab table, except the fact that i dont have anyone. when mr ambula goes to get papers someone from the lab table next to me pokes my shoulder.

"hey im logan, dont worry youre not sitting by yourself, shawns just always late" i just nod

and as if right on cue someone walks through the door. oh gee, its the guy who was making out with the girl in the hallway. he walks over and plops down in the seat across from me. this must be shawn.

"good luck" logan says and i laugh

"logan whatd you just say" shawn snaps.

mr ambula comes back with papers and hands them out to everyone. "oh shawn, nice of you to join us, that was your fourth late, so ill see you at detention. ok class this project will be done outside of school, but since we still have 15 minutes left you can start"

"so ill do the project, guarantee you an a, and put your name on it" i say not looking up at him even though i can see that hes staring at me.

"listen new girl, thats not how i work. youll come over and we'll work on it" he snarls and i look up.

"listen, id rather not work with someone who cant bother to show up to class on time bc hes to busy making out with his girlfriend" i glare at him

"shes not my girlfriend" he smirks

"oh even better!!" i say sarcastically