Dance With Me? (Ariana Grande and Nathan Sykes)

Start from the beginning

         "Oh my gosh how could I not", I exclaimed. I ran over to her and she handed me the heels, "These are so beautiful", I crooned at the shoes. Liz beamed at me, "I'm so happy you like them". Jen got out a box from under her bed, "BLING TIME", she exclaimed and opened it. Out came three shelves of jewlery and I grinned at the sight of them. I ran over to the box and picked out a small diamond bracelet and a simple diamond necklace. Jen clipped them in for me and smiled at me, "You look gorgeous girl! The man who owns your heart is a lucky one", she said. I blushed and smiled. "Yeah but, it's going to be hard to find him because all of the guys are going to be drooling over her", she laughed. We all laughed together and I hugged them, "I'm really going to miss you guys", I said, tears forming in my eyes.

        I have a concert in Seattle in a couple days and my flight leaves at 5am tomorrow morning. "Oh c'mon. You're only going to be gone for a week. We'll see you in no time", Jen said nonchalantly I smiled, "You're right". They grinned at me and I hugged both of them. "Wait one more thing", Liz said and reached for something in her bag. She brought out three masks, "Remember, the theme is masquerade ball so I got us masks". I furrowed my brows in confusion as she handed me the mask, "But how are we supposed to know who we are dancing with if we have a mask on", I asked. "Well, that's the point! We could dance with anyone tonight but totally forget about them the next day. It's all about the chemistry instead of looks", Jen answered. She reached for my mask, lifted up my hair and tied it to my head. When she was done tying it she let my hair down and it fell back down to the middle of my back

   I looked at myself quickly in the mirror one more time and examined myselfhttp://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=108612285. I thought I looked presentable and I turned to Liz and Jen. They looked beautiful. Jenette was wearing http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=108671807. She looked like a princess. Liz was wearinghttp://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=108672510. She reminded me of a fashion model. I slipped on the tall heels that Liz gave me and I stood next to Liz, "Yay I'm at your eye", I squealed. I was usually much shorter than her. She laughed, "Yup, enjoy it! It won't last for long". I pouted and she ruffled my hair. "Don't ruin her hair! That's like my best work", Jen exclaimed. We all laughed together. I looked into the mirror and was shocked to see that the dark mask I had on almost made my eyes look like the color of gold. 

     "Okay Ariana, remember. Scooter comes back from his meeting at midnight. So we have to leave at midnight so he doesn't catch us", Jen said. I groaned. Scooter doesn't like balls (lol) like these. He thinks there stupid and overrated. Everyone knows he just feels like that because he saw his fiance kissing Brad Pitt a couple years ago and he's been bitter about it. He has never let any of the people he manage go to the ball. If he saw me going, he would be really mad. "I found a shorter pathway through a forest to your house. We'll be able to get here faster", Jen said, examining her hair. I nodded, "Okay".

       We walked out of Jen's house and a limo was waiting. I sighed as Jen opened the door and climbed in. Maybe I will find the right guy. It might be good for me. My songs would be more heartfealt. I hopped into the car after Liz and spent the whole ride thinking of who might be waiting for me.

                     NATHAN'S POV

    "C'mon Nath, get dressed", Jay said, punching me on the arm lightly. I groaned and slammed my face into the pillows. "I know you don't like parties but c'mon, it could be fun", he said, adjusting his tie. "Look, you need to loosen up. You've spent all of your time in the studio and you have been working so hard. You need some time off. Find someone; fall in love", Jay said. My head popped up after those last words. "What's that supposed to mean", I asked. He smiled sincerely at me, "The songs you write. They are always about love. You get so close to finishing them, but then you get stuck. They are all really good, but you can never think of lyrics for them. You need to know what love feels like to write a love song, Nathan".