You & Me

Prompt from tumblr user @/jan-thony: Jasmine and Anthony getting in a really bad fight when they're on tour together doing their live shows together. Their fake happiness enough for the viewers not to notice anything until Jasmine bursts into tears and walks offstage during one of their love songs they wrote together.

-

"We really appreciate you letting us come home New York. It's been a while."

The crowd screamed, pushing against the barricade in an attempt to get closer to Jasmine and Anthony.

"We missed you guys a lot," Jasmine said, picking up the water bottle in front of her mic stand and taking a sip. She went to pass the bottle to Anthony, stopping herself when their eyes met for the hundredth time that night.

Things had become heated after a fall out between the couple. Tension was high on tour. There was no escape from anything. When they had planned this, they were so naïve. They had no idea of the hell they were about to go through.

"Sadly, we've only got one song to go. I wrote this a while ago, but we changed it up a little bit for the tour. You guys might've seen it in videos before. This one's called Ocean City," Anthony said, smiling at Jasmine who turned to the band and nodded at them.

The intro of the iconic song filled the packed theatre, sending chills down Jasmine's spine. This song was about love. It was about their love, a love that wasn't there anymore. The tears began to flow out of her eyes. She wiped them quickly, looking down at her feet.

"It's just you and me..."

Jasmine took a deep breath, attempting to compose herself before it was time to come in. But when she opened her mouth, nothing came out. She stared out at the crowd with tears in her eyes. She shook her head slowly, glancing from Anthony to the crowd.

"I-I'm sorry," She whispered, running from the stage.

The façade of their happiness disappeared, leaving the crowd filled with confusion.

"I, uh, thankyou New York," Anthony replied, leaving the stage with his head hung low.

Anthony looked around the backstage area, not spotting Jas anywhere. His eyes focused on their dressing room door, seeing that it was open slightly. He went to it. 

"Jas?" Anthony said quietly, opening the door to their shared dressing room. He frowned when seeing Jasmine crying in the corner of the room. He moved quickly, sitting down next to her.

"I don't want to talk right now," Jasmine whispered, hugging her knees and pulling them to her chest. "Can you just go home?"

"I think we need to talk. We're a mess," Anthony replied, gently wrapping his arm around Jasmine, who flinched at his touch. He retracted his arm quickly, letting it rest between them.

"I can't do this anymore Ant. This tour has ruined us as a couple. I miss the days where it was just us. When our private life was ours and the only thing the world needed to see was what came out of the camera," Jasmine whispered, turning her head to Anthony.

"The tours over now. We can go back to staying behind the camera," Anthony said quietly, sliding his hand into Jasmine's, who disregarded his touch.

"No, Anthony. I think we need some time to ourselves. Some time to think about what we've just been through and maybe to rethink what we're doing together."

Anthony dropped Jasmine's hand, staring at her and shock. "Y-You don't mean..."

"I think it's for the best."

Anthony stood slowly, nodding. "Can I kiss you? One last time?"

Jasmine stood up, pressing a soft kiss to Anthony's lips. "I love you Anthony. Please don't forget that."

Anthony nodded, watching as Jasmine left the dressing room and walked out of the theatre.