02

I brought the phone closer to my face, squinting my eyes and straining my brain to focus my vision on the numbers and letters in front of me. I groaned loudly, dropping the phone into my lap and rubbing my eyes almost violently. I still had yet to call my friends that I had left back at the club.

"Problem?" I looked over to the side of me, my mind fumbling around to find his name.

"If I stare at something too long it just fades away!" I whined like a little kid while crossing my arms across my chest. Nailing it the first time around.

It was hard for me to focus on anything really without zoning out, my mind drifting off somewhere and my eyes starting to slowly close. Yes, I was exhausted. The alcohol only magnified that. The banging in my temples started to make an appearance again, making me scrunch my eyes together.

"You're going to have to give me directions." I snapped my eyes back open, my body lurching upward at the sudden voice other than mine. I noticed we were pulled over on the side of the road. I leaned forward, attempting to read the sign in front of us.

"What does that say?" I waved my finger around, the alcohol having laced my words yet again. I didn't hear much of what he said, but I recognized the last word. "Just take this road until you see a gigantic building." I fell back into my seat, closing my eyes slightly.

"Do you feel okay?" I looked at him out of the corner of my eye. I turned my body so I was looking at him with my full attention. I noticed how he had a cluster of moles on the side of his face that disappeared underneath his shirt. They were like stars.

I mumbled something along the lines of yes. I scooted closer to him and pulled my hand up, dragging my finger across his cheek, going from mole to mole.

"What the hell are you doing?" He pulled my hand away and I frowned.

"I was making constellations," My frown became bigger as he held my hand tighter every time I tried to move it.

I let my head drop in his lap. I heard him suck in his breath as my head made contact with him. I rolled over so I was on my back and looking up at him. He also had moles under his chin. I shifted my eyes to his hands on the steering wheel. His grip was tight, his knuckles turning white. I placed my hand over his, attempting to loosen his grip.

"You're just a really touchy-feely kinda girl, aren't you?" I giggled, closing my eyes softly. I pulled my hand away, my head still on his lap. "Is that it?" I sat up on my elbows, nodding my head in response. He swerved into the lot, his mouth agape.

"What?" I mumbled as I looked up at him. He brought his eyes down to me and for the first time I noticed how warm they were.

"Nothing. I just didn't- I didn't," I cut him off, my head spinning as I sat up quickly.

"Didn't expect it?" I finished his sentence, rubbing my temple. I looked out at the building I called home. It was big, but I only owned a fraction of the size. That big building was an apartment building.

He shrugged, pulling into a parking space that was near an elevator. I opened the door, tossing my heels out, the sound echoing throughout the vacant parking ramp. I stuck my feet out first, my head following along with the rest of my body. I felt my knees buckle underneath me as soon as my feet made contact with the cold cement. I gripped the door, noticing how my ride was watching me intently.

"Thanks for the lift! Uh-" I looked up hoping his name would be written in bright bold letters across the ceiling. It wasn't. I closed my eyes, shuffling through my brain.

"Dylan." I heard him say. He snapped me out of my thoughts, letting them crumble to be left on the ground.

"Right! I knew that." I pointed at him, squinting my eyes.