Highschool AU

Dean Winchester has a huge crush on the pretty, blue-eyed boy that sits in front of him in class.

Well, not that he's ever talked to him.

Dean definitely can't talk to him. What if he says something dumb, or the guy ends up being a jerk? Then Dean would be all disappointed and wouldn't have anyone to stare at when the teacher was being boring.

Then again, he sees the boy smiling at everyone and everyone else seems to like him, so he's probably a nice person, right?

Go talk to him, Dean's brain says.

No. What if he doesn't like me?

But what if he does?

Well, shit, brain, you've got a point.

I know. Go talk to him.

Tomorrow?

Good idea. Then you'll have time to freak about it.

That's the point. Tomorrow.

I'll remind you.

Okay, so that was settled. Dean was finally going to learn the pretty boy's name tomorrow.

Well, that was the plan, until Dean walked right into the boy while argueing with his brain.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," was the only thing Dean could say while helping the boy up, "I guess I zoned out, I didn't even see you."

The boy just smiled, "It's okay, I'm fine. My name is Castiel, by the way."

His name is Castiel.

Yes brain I know thank you.

Hey now you don't have to worry about talking to him tomorrow.

Oh thank God.

Dean smiled and hoped he didn't look crazy. "I'm Dean."

The boy, Castiel, smiled again. "Hey, you sit behind me in fourth period, right?"

Oh my god he knows who you are.

Dean blushed, "Yep, that's me."

"I thought so. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yup! Fourth period."

Castiel, his smile still turned up high, actually blushed. "Good. Okay. Goodbye, Dean. It was nice finally meeting you."

"You too, Cas. See you tomorrow."

Castiel seemed to notice the nickname before Dean did, but seemed to let it slide and just nodded and turned around to rejoin his friends.

Castiel. Cas. tiel. What a delicious name.

I know right? Ohhhhh my gosh. He's got to be the nicest person ever. And his eyes are even more blue than I thought.

And !! he's going to talk to you tomorrow!

Oh perfect there's something to stress out about, fantastic.

You don't have to stress, we'll just go over this conversation a few dozen times.

Oh okay that sounds good. Thanks.

No problem, Dean. It's what I'm here for.
Wait, holy cheese-its, you called him Cas.

I... what?

You definitely called him Cas. Not Castiel. Nicknames, Dean? You literally just met the guy!

Do you think he noticed?

Maybe? I think so. Yes.

Dean facepalmed, getting him a few weird looks from the kids sitting near him in fifth period. Dean, however, didn't notice because he was too busy visibly cringing.

It's fine, just maybe ask him about it tomorrow or something. And stop cringing you're getting weird looks.

Oh. Oops. Okay. Yeah, I'll just ask him tomorrow. Okay. It's all good.

So, Dean went through the rest of the day and the first three periods of the next day cringing periodically, to the great confusion of his friends and little brother. He was, actually, literally shaking when he walked into fourth period.

Cas turned around and smiled at him, and suddenly everything was okay.

Aaaaand you're welcome.

Oh, shut up, brain.

A/N  HEY GUYS i am sooooo sorry i havent updated in forever but ive been busy and uninspired which is a horrible combo,, so,,, sorry. anyway. thanks for reading 💕
     ~Katelyn