A Cold Night

Sam has a cold.

There's no way he's going on this hunt, Dean says.

Whatever. He's tired of Dean and Cas staring into eachother's eyes for inappropriatly long amounts of time. He's going to be glad to finally have some alone time.

Two hours later, and Dean and Cas are speeding down the freeway in the Impala. Dean is supposedly ironically singing along to Taylor Swift while Cas tries to hide a smile.

"Oh, c'mon Cas. Sing with me!"

"No thank you, Dean, I would really rather just listen to you."

Dean looked a little surprised, he didn't think he could actually sing, but before he could reply the Impala starts... slowing down? Below the speed limit??

"Baby....?" Dean asks as if the Impala was betraying him in some way by not doing what he wanted.

Dean reluctantly pulls over and stops, the Impala barely making it to the side of the road before its engine grows silent.

"Dammit..." Dean whispers, "Guess I gotta get out and fix 'er."

As soon as Dean got out of the car he knew what was wrong. Baby has a leak!

Dean gets back in the car and glances at Cas.

"Looks like we gotta call Sammy... I can't fix her right now."

Dean, on the phone, explains the problem to Sam. Sam is a little annoyed but agrees to drive out and rescue them, as long as he can use Cas's car.

"Well... it looks like it's gonna be a few hours."

An hour later, and Dean is shivering in his seat.

Cas, being a half-angel (at this point), doesn't get cold.

He does look regretful, however, when he realizes he can't help Dean in any way. He says so out loud and Dean smirks a little.

"You could help a little."

Cas isn't convinced, though, so Dean scoots across the seat and presses against Cas's side.

"Mmm... you're warm."

Cas wraps his arms around Dean, glad to be helpful and just really enjoying the feeling of Dean's heartbeat through his trenchcoat.

Cas doesn't get cold, but he does need to sleep occasionally.

When Sam gets there a little over an hour later, he sees the two curled up like lovesick puppies in the passenger seat of the Impala.

Sam snaps a quick picture as blackmail before waking and rescuing his brother and their angel.

Hey guys! sorry i havent updated in a while. i actually wrote this one a while ago but i never posted it. ill try to update more often, i promise.
💕 Katelyn 🐱