Chapter 14

<<I'm trying to update as much as possible to make up for my lack of updating! Please inbox me some ideas of where you would like to see this story go!>>

***********************************

Chapter 14-

Brinley's POV-

A subtle light was leaking in through my bedroom window spilling onto my sleepy face. I opened my eyes slowly. Hayden was right, him sleeping next to me really helped to calm my heat. I rolled over a little to adjust the way I was laying. At this new angle I could clearly see Hayden's sleeping face. It was probably the most worried free expression he's had since he took his position as Alpha.

I knew from yesterday some of the pack were not convinced of us merging together. Truth be told, if I wasn't the Alpha involved, I'm pretty positive I would be nervous too. The only thing keeping me from questioning the decision is that the Moon Goddess paired Hayden and I together for a reason.

"Good morning. How is your heat?" I'm not going to lie, my whole body still hurt like a bitch.

"I'm still sore everywhere but I don't feel like I'm burning alive. So I guess that's a plus." I responded. He chuckled for a quick second and then sat up, pulling my body against him.

"So what are the plans for today? All but our two packs have left already his morning." Hayden asked.

"I think we need to have the ceremony tonight. We need to get started on figuring out who is moving where. There's also registering the new mated pairs that met each other this past week. Oh, and that reminds me, we need to get everyone to train and-"

"Hey, calm down. You're starting to ramble. There is plenty of time to get everything done. Especially since its the two of us. We can do anything together babe. But if you're that insistent, we can have the ceremony tonight. I will mind link a few people to get everything set up."

"That sounds perfect. Do you think that we could build another pack house. I know we want to keep the current two houses and let the members decide where to stay based on mates, but we can't travel back and forth between to houses for our offices. The new place could house us, some of the newly mated members, and the warriors that are unmated. The mated warriors can protect the house that their mates choose to live in.  And then neither you or I have to choose which pack house to stay in. What do you think?" I proposed.

"I think that sounds like a great idea! While I get the ceremony set up why don't you sit down with the architects and get the blue prints started. And if you get them done by tonight we can share them with the pack." I really got lucky with such a supportive mate.

***************************

It was a pretty busy day for the two packs. I managed to finish the designs for the new house in time for the party. So with the party commencing within an hour I decided to run upstairs and get ready.

I really didn't feel like shaving my legs to wear a dress so I found a pair of white leggings and decided to pair them with a long flowing open back, black top. My hair really wasn't cooperating today so I threw it up in a ponytail. For me, choosing shoes seems to be the hardest part of getting ready. But my favorite pair of shoes is, and always will be, my combat boots. Not only do they look sweet but the support they provide is amazing!

I headed downstairs, grabbed a bottle of water, and walked outside to see how the setup was going. Much to my surprise everything was finished. The white canopy tents were set up as rain was in the forecast. On stage was the red ribbon we would use to bind Hayden's hand with mine symbolizing the joining of not only being mates but the packs as well.

I saw Hayden get up from where he was sitting on the stage and walked my way. He looked dashing in a simple pair of black dress pants and a white dress shirt with a black vest over it.

"You clean up nice." I complemented him.

"As do you mate. How does everything look?"

"It looks perfect. Although with my heat I can't seem to focus on anything else but you." I winked at him slyly.

"Well, everything is set up and ready. We can call the pack together and get this show on the road if you like?"

"Perfect, I've just mind linked my pack. I am so excited to start our journey together."

"I've just informed my pack as well. Let's wait up on the stage."

In the next couple of moments both packs started to filter in and take their seats. Everyone had dressed up for the event. As soon as the last pack member took their place Hayden and I stood to our feet in front of the table that had the ribbon. The moon began to rise to its fullest position.

"Loyal packs, we stand before you to promise our allegiance both to all of you and to each other. I, Alpha Hayden Thomas, do promise to uphold the pack law and do my very best to keep you all safe. I also swear to you my mate, Brinley May Maddox, that I will love and cherish you forever." With that being said Hayden took one end of the red ribbon and wound it twice around his palm.

"My current and future wolf family, we stand before you to promise our love and life to both you and each other. I, Alpha Brinley Maddox, do promise to abide by the same rules we require you all to. I promise to you my mate, Hayden James Thomas, that I will never take you for granted, I will spend every waking minute of my life devoted to you." I then picked up the hanging part of the ribbon and wound the remainder of it around my palm twice as well.

After both of our vows were completed a gleaming ray of light shined down upon us. This was the way the Moon Goddess blessed our joining of the packs. Once the ribbon disappeared a the voice of the Moon Goddess rang in everybody's head.

-Your new pack has now been blessed by me. Your name shall now and forever on be known as the Dark Night pack.-

And just as fast as her voice appeared it was gone. It was replaced by the loud cheers and screams of our pack as they celebrated this union. It was definitely a relief to not hear any negative responses. This ceremony wasn't like any parties we have. There was food after but no dancing. And as if being blessed with the merger wasn't enough, it didn't even rain......

*****************************