Chapter Three

It was early, and Spark had already made his bed despite the fact the maid could do it. He was sitting by the desk drawing. Somehow, I seem to have slept through his painful alarm. As if he sensed that I woke up, he turned to look at me.

"Oh, good. You're awake. I was going to wake you up in a bit." He was already dressed and everything, ready to go.

"Why didn't you wake me...?" I felt my words trail off as I sat up and went to fix my hair. I didn't even want to look at my bedhead. Thankfully Spark said nothing about it.

"You were tired...? And besides, last time I woke you up on lack of sleep, you bit me like you were some Growlithe." I wanted to hold back my laughter at his words, but I couldn't. I saw him glance away.

"Sorry, it isn't funny, I just don't remember." He looked a little surprised and lifted his arms in the air in confusion.

"How do you not? I've had a bruise for about a week." I shrugged and finally finished fixing my hair, deciding to get dressed in the other room.

"Did you call Blanche yet?" sometimes Spark got overly excited when calling Blanche, so I always had to make sure.

"Nah, wanted to wait on you. Gave me a chance to finish my drawing." He lifted his sketchbook and showed me the Darkrai that he drew. It was in black, white, and red ink. I looked at the design of the Pokémon's scarf curiously, as the color attracted my attention.

"That's what it looks like? It looks friendlier than I thought." Spark raised a brow and tapped the drawing with his fingers, seeming concerned.

"You think that's friendly? I mean, guess it could be, since Pokémon do have their soft spot..." I listened to him trail off with his words, as his mind seemed to have wandered elsewhere. I crossed my arms and kicked him softly, trying to get his attention back into the living.

"I got it. I'm going to help you!" he grinned behind his sketchbook and suddenly burst in excitement, catching me by surprise. I tried to seem unamused, but it was hard to pull off around Spark.

"Help me with what? The Darkrai?" I did have a slight interest in it, as it was a rare Pokémon. It was also powerful in its own form, and possibly needed our help.

"Yep. It might be under stress, and I'm good at calming down Pokémon. I mean, I didn't tame Zapdos for nothing." He looked giddy for a serious topic. I kept my arms crossed, uncertain about this decision as I had hoped to do this alone, but I knew he had other reasons why he wanted to stick with me.

"Alright, but I hope you're not late for your other research. We're not on vacation, Spark." He gave me a couple nods in response and a thumbs up, but it was hard to believe he was listening to a word I was saying. At least today he looked more cheerful than before.

"Think we should call Blanche now, or eat first and then call... or... did they say they were going to call...." I rubbed my eye and let Spark talk, but truthfully, I wasn't sure myself. Knowing Blanche, they were either awake or dead asleep. Not even the sound of their phone could wake them up.

"Mm... let's eat, then wait on their call. They'll wonder why we didn't call eventually." I yawned, for some reason I still felt a little tired despite getting more sleep than Spark. I had no clue where he gets all his energy, but I needed him to share some with me.

"Kay. We should eat here, it's easier. Unless you want to walk, but if we're waiting on their call..." Spark stood up and put his stuff away in his bag, noticing that I was ready to go. I shrugged, and didn't mind what happens today since we had to find out about that Darkrai eventually. He looked me over expectantly, but when he noticed I wasn't certain on an answer for him, he decided to head out the door. I figured it'd be easier if I let him do most of the decision-making today, to put less stress on him.