10.) Worry

I found out sooner than I probably wanted to. As soon after I sat back down Mac appeared.

He didn't seem too pleased, but he said nothing, instead sitting next to me silently. I caught his gaze and watched as his eyes grew wide. I knew the questions were coming but I wasn't prepared to answer them.

I certainly hadn't been thinking about it as I downed drink after drink.

"What happened to your eye?" he asked intently, his face a mixture of confusion and worry.

"If you haven't noticed  I'm a bit drunk and I do believe I kissed the pole outside" I snickered bringing my glass to my lips.

"You're telling me you tripped into a pole?" he asked.

I nodded in response.

"So," he paused,  "you're telling me," he nibbled his lip "that you think I was born fucking yesterday?" now he was standing hand smack flat on the bar top, his eyes burning with rage.

His attention redirected to Walter who stood behind the bar, " you just going to let her get pissed drunk old man?"

Walter stared at him in disbelief, "Stop being such a fuck up, and then come to me about what she does!" Walter bit back.

I laid my forehead against the counter, silent laughs escaping my lips. I couldn't help but find the situation extremely funny, but that's what I do.

Mav noticed my laughter; turning to me abruptly, "let's go" he demanded grabbing my arm.

I Shrugged away from him, "Don't fucking touch me!" I spat drunkenly.

Macs glare tore through me as he roughly pulled me from the stool, dragging me outside.

I fought him the whole way, all the way up until he threw me in the back of the truck slamming the door behind me. We made it to our house much to my surprise with Macs defensive driving the whole way there.

My heart pounded in my chest when he jerked my door ooen, Mac had never been so rough, so violent. Not toward me.

He grabbed my wrist, steering me toward the front door.

"Who fucking did it?" he growled, shoving me hard to the couch.

"I did!" i defended my lie, scooting until i was comfortable.

"Lying fucking bitch!" he spat, slamming his fist straight into the wall .

"What?" i breathed, how dare he speak to me that way.

Someone isn't getting Any for a while...

"Was a man.." he looked off, "wasn't it?" he bit his nail.

"So?" i asked, not able to understand why he was so angry.

"So? Are you fucking Someone else?" he asked.

"Of course not" I sighed, "just some random married man that got mad he couldn't get Any."

"Married man?" he asked, "Tattoos...?"

I nodded, how did he know.

"What'd he do?" he asked.

"Nothing serious, nothing i want you  worried about." i told him honestly.

"God damnit, Macey!" he spat, grabbing my forearms and holding me still, "I am worried! You're my fucking wife, i care about ya enough to marry ya! I changed everything for you! I have yup drugs, ain't hardly said two words top Any female outside of you for two years or better, all because i love ya! Since the day i first seen you, everything had been about you, and it ain't never been about nobody but me till now, so yeah, im fucking worried about it!" he growled.

I was stunned by realization at his words, all along, this Mac is the same one i fell I love With, and in all my life i had never felt more wrong than i did in that moment.

Mac was still just as in love with me as he ever was, and i him, only now, it was different. We were so concerned with one another we had forgotten why we were in love.

Mac reminded me of that when he drew me in to a heated kiss, biting down slightly on my bottom lip.

I felt a moan building up in my throat, unable to escape my mouth before his warmth dissipated.

Leaving me empty and watching as Mac grabbed his coat, walking outside, the door closing behind him.

I knew where he was going, and i knew exactly why.

Because he loved me.