1.| Reunion

M A C E Y

I tapped my foot nervously, clutching to the blue gift bag within my hand as we pulled up.

Kailey put the car in park, turning to me with a smile plastered on her face "You ready for this?" She asked, popping the handle open on her side.

I nodded eagerly "Yeah, I've missed him so badly".

I stared out the passenger side window as if I would miss his presence all together if I so much as blinked.

"Yeah, two years of pent up sexual frustrations will make for a hell of an anniversary though" She snickered, tapping her index finger on the steering wheel.

"Oh, stop it!" I playfully glared, only willing to rip my eyes from the window for a split second.

"What?" She pardoned, "Its true! I wish I knew what sex even was anymore!"

"Gross" I rolled my eyes, sometimes I think Kailey forgets I'm Jordan's sister and not just her friend.

"Maya took care of that" she jokingly complained, looking at the empty car seat in the back of her car.

"Where is the little angel anyhow?" I asked, realizing for the first time that I hadn't yet met her.

"She's with the sitter, Jordan and I wanted to have you guys a little welcome home slash happy anniversary party" She informed me, just as gravel crunched behind us.

I turned my head so quickly I swore it nearly fell off, watching as Jordan's car pulled in right next to us, I couldn't see through the deep window tint, but the rush was amazing, just knowing Mac was on the other side of the glass.

I threw my door open, hopping down onto the gravel with a crunch.

Jordan got out first, throwing his arms directly around me and hugging me tightly, I'd seen kailey and Jordan numerous times through the glass, as they came to visit nearly every weekend, but hugging my brother again was far different to speaking over a black phone through dirty glass.

I heard the other door swing open and the sound of gravel shifting, raising to my tiptoes, blue gift bag still in my hand, I peered over Jordan's shoulder to the man standing on the other side of the dusky gray car.

All that stood between us was a pile of metal and steel, a few feet.

I waited patiently for Jordan to release me until it became clear he wasn't letting go.

"Jor" Kailey scolded, watching as Jordan finally retracted his hulk like arms.

I took two hesitant steps forward, before my cold eyes met his icy blue ones, diving into the depths of two years gone by that were held within them.

Shaking my head, I abandoned my slow approach replacing it instead with running, Mac responded by sitting down a small black box atop the hood and stretching out his arms.

I gladly leapt into them, tightening my own around him as I met his lips with my own tear salted ones. His lips on mine was a unique euphoria like none I'd ever experienced before, the time we had been robbed of had no way of keeping this moment from happening.

My heart pounded within me like a steel drum, lurching in my chest as our lips broke apart.

I rested my forehead on his as he held me, "Happy Anniversary" we both breathed at the same time.

He lowered me to my feet, stroking my cheek with his rough hand, and I finally took in his appearance.

He had on jeans I'd seen him wear a thousand times, along with a gray collared shit that must have been new, it looked as though he had been working out, and on his forearm I noticed a new tattoo, I squinted to read it.

'Macey' it was spelled out downward, over his forearm in large bold letters.

Of course, he noticed my stare, "Kept the girls away" he chuckled.

That's my Mac, trying to shed light on a dark situation.

I smiled, tugging my shirt away from my neck to pull it downward over my shoulder.

"Woah, woah, later babe" Mac smirked, i couldn't believe how much I had missed his stupid humor.

I rolled my eyes, pulling my shoulder free to show my husband that I, too had gotten a little prison ink, there on my shoulder, the 'M' incased in the edges of a heart was Mac.

He walked forward, running his finger over the ink, "I like it" He stated.

I looked up and into the blue oceanic orbs I'd missed so much, "Oh!" I exclaimed, "I got ya something" I handed him the bag.

He pulled the black box from the top of Jordan's car, it was only then that I noticed that kailey and Jordan had disappeared.

"Here" he said stuffing it into my hand.

He opened his bag, smirk growing by the second as he looked down at the fabric inside, a brand new, grease stain free, blue jumpsuit.

"Thanks babe" he smiled, showing his teeth, something id grown to find attractive, regardless if I should or not.

"Open yours" He instructed me taking a single step back to lean on the car as he watched me pull the ribbon away.

I pulled the top open slowly, sighing when I saw the glistening charm, it was a charm bracelet, with two charms attached, one was a tiny butterfly, the other was a dagger.

"I'll get ya a new one every year til there's no more room" He told me, pulling it from the box and securing it around my wrist.

"I love you, Mac" I said, looking down at the beautiful silver chain around my wrist.

"Love you" Mac responded, the same old way, "Let's get in there and party, huh?"

An: Here's the beginning, let me know what you think.

I loooove you all !