When pluto and mars collide

This is part 2 of the Anon request where Riley is a kindergarten teacher, Farkle has a daughter in her class and the meet. This will be Farkles POV.
Part one is Rileys POV. It is called Seeking Pluto. It can be found on @ballerinascowboysandminki
Rating K+/kissing
trigger warning adoption/abandonement
Farkle grew up the only son of Stuart and Jen Minkus. He had everything that money could buy, but life at home at the Minkus estate could be lonely. If Minkus International was in the middle of come major business venture, his dad would be MIA for days. Farkle promised himself, he would be a different type of father when the time came. Stuart's answer to his quilt was always some new shiny toy, but what Farkle really wanted was time with his father. Even when they were all together, his parents fought a lot of the time. His friends talked about family game nights, those never existed as his house. Farkle slowly learned the things in the life that held the highest value rarely carried a price tag.
His freshman year at Einstein Academy the history teacher assigned them to learn their personal histories; for a cultural fair they were partnering with Abigail Adams High School. Farkle couldn't find the birth records for his Great Grandpa Minkus. The lessons he learned that day changed the course of Farkle's life. He had always wanted to take over the world, but that day he learned what happened when one man had too much power. He will never know his family's original name, because all but his great grandpa were annihilated in the Holocaust. Birth records were destroyed for his protection, when christian rescuers saved him and relocated him to America.
It was that day, he told his father that it wasn't enough to make money and not give back. Stuart introduced Farkle to the pro bono division of Minkus International, and let him take an active role on where funds would go from that point forward.
One of Farkle's favorite projects was assisting with orphanages around the world, especially in war torn countries. Minkus International helped supply necessities, assisted with finding children safe homes, and even transportation out of their country if needed. Farkle frequently traveled to some of these places himself, to help transport the children or deliver supplies.
It was on one of these missions that Farkle met Soleil. She was 8 months old with blonde ringlet curls. He had looked over all the files of the children up for adoption before the trip. He knew he hadn't seen her. When Farkle inquired why, the director replied her health concerns would be too much for most families. People were looking for the perfect child. To Farkle, she looked perfect.
The director explained Soleil's mom had died giving birth to her. She had a congentital heart defect that would require a few surgeries to correct, and her biological father had dropped her off at the orphanage and never looked back. Farkle felt like the little girl in front of him was all alone in the world.
Farkle looked at the little girl, he noticed her lips were slightly blue. As he watched her, she reached out and grabbed his finger. That's when Farkle knew that feelings were stronger than science. Farkle called his parents, and told them he was adopting her. Jen contacted the lawyers right away. Since Minkus international had assisted the orphanage with so many adoptions, they were able to cut through the red tape. So Farkle could take, Soleil, as he had come to call her home with him.
His long term girlfriend Isadora was suprised he had adopted a child. She understood why these trips mean so much to Farkle, but that didn't mean to she was ready to be a mom at this point in her life. Isadora and Farkle had dated all through high school and were known as the power couple of Einstein academy. They were valedictorian and salutatorian respectfully. It was always assumed they would get married because that was the next natural progression. Isadora sighed, "Did you even consider me when you made this choice?" Farkle had looked back at the beautiful girl in front of him, "Honestly, no." Isadora nodded solemnly, "Farkle part of me will always love you, but I need to be with someone who considers me part of the equation." She he kissed him on the cheek as she left. He never went after her, because he knew she was right.
Soleil's first few years were spent in and out of the hospital for surgeries to correct her congenital heart defect. Farkle and Soleil spent many a day in the hospital reading, watching fairy tales and studying astronomy. Soleil's favorite fairy tail had become Shrek. She always giggle when they named one of the triplets Farkle. Farkle liked that she loved the unlikely hero. He was able to get Soleil the best surgeons and doctors, and the surgery had been a success. She had been off all meds for a while, and just had to go in for regular check ups every 6 months or so.
Today was Soleil's first day of kindergarten, and Farkle was beyond nervous. Of course every parent is on their child's first day of school, but Soleil had always been at the employee day care at Minkus International. This was the longest amount of time they would be apart. Stuart and Jen had wanted Soleil to go to Farkle's Alma Mater Einstein Academy, but Farkle had insisted she go to John Quincy Adams to get better socialization then he did.
Farkle walked up the steps with his daughter prepared to escort her to her classroom. "Daddy, I got this! I will see you after school." He knelt and kissed her on the cheek. "See you later, sunshine. I can't wait to hear all about your first day of school." He watched misty eyed as his ray of sunshine skipped happily into her first day of school.
...Later that day about 11 am...
Farkle was straightening his desk preparing to leave, when his secretary buzzed in. "Mr. Minkus.." He interrupted her inpatiently. "Rhonda, I have told you Mr. Minkus is my father call me Farkle. Now, I'm sorry but is this urgent? I need to get Soleil." Rhonda replied tritely, "I'm sorry sir but your father has called an emergency meeting of POOM(Project Outpost on Mars). Minkus International's research division was working on the technology needed to make this possible. Farkle's team science and engineering was heading the research and development. He knew he had no choice but to stay. Farkle silently cursed his fathers single-mindedness when it came to work, as he sent a quick email to Soleil's new teacher Ms. Mathews.
Luckily, Farkle was able to answer the boards concerns fairly easily. He just had to wait to see how much money Minkus International planned to allocate to POOM. He took his leave, after Stuart promised he would call with the figures.
Back at John Quincy Adams...
As he ran up the stairs two by two, he hoped Soleil wasn't upset he was late to get her the first day of school. He breathed a sigh of relief, when he saw her in her seat contentedly coloring.
As he looked up from his daughter, the most beautiful women he had ever seen turned into his view. She was the most breathtaking sunrise and sunset all rolled into one. As she spun, the toe of her foot hooked the rug. Farkle sped up his steps, and quickly caught her before she could fall. She looked slightly dazed but unharmed. As he held her, he realized he felt whole. The thought terrified him a little. Her whisper reached his ears, "You saved me." He chuckled nervously as he stepped back, "Are you ok?" The emptiness almost consumed him, when let her go.
He felt relieved when Soleil grabbed his hand, tethering him back to reality. "Daddy this is my teacher, Ms. Mathews. She is amazing. You are going to love her." Farkle wanted to scream I think I already do, but knew that was completely illogical. Farkle picked up his daughter and kissed her cheek. "Hi, Sunshine." He reached out a hand to Ms. Mathews I am Farkle Minkus. Its nice to meet you." He was amazed she didn't laugh at his name, and that made him fall a little harder. He watched silently as she blushed as their hands touched. She seemed flustered as she rambled and flitted around the room like a humming bird.
As they spoke of unique names, Riley affectionately ruffled Soleil's hair. Farkle gasped slightly at the beauty and innocence of the moment. He knew Riley had caught the hitch in his breath, when she tilted her head to study him. He got lost in her gaze a moment to long, and Riley suddenly cleared her throat bringing him back to reality. She made her excuses to take her leave. Riley chitchatted about getting tacos with her roommate, and Farkle wished he had the courage to invite her to lunch with Soleil and himself.
Farkle shook himself out of his stupor. "Of course. Soleil, I took the rest of the day off. We just have to pick up a few packages for my office...Good bye Ms. Mathews. Pleasure to meet you." He saluted her as he turned to leave, and then mentally slapped himself. What was that you saluted her, some genius.
Farkle made sure Soleil buckled up before pulling out of the lot. He listened contentedly as she chattered excitedly about the adventure of her first day. The traffic was unusually light for New York, and they arrived quickly at Maya's apartment. "Ok Soleil a quick stop to get the Pluto and Mars paintings we picked out for my office; and then we'll head to lunch."
Maya opened the door. "Oh great your here. I framed them with the purple and orange matting we discussed." Farkle nodded assertively. "Perfect my secretary Rhonda wired the money to your account." Suddenly Soleil ran off, as Farkle turned to scold her. She returned hand in hand with Riley. She was in purple leggings, had pluto on her shirt, and an orange cardigan. Seeing her made Farkle feel like he already left Earth and landed on Mars. He couldn't stop the smile that broke out on his face at seeing his girls together. When Riley's smile matched his he had to fight the urge to hold her.
Maya turned to see what Farkle was staring at. "Great your ready. Riley this is Farkle Minkus, he is buying my Plutos meets Mars Pieces, Mr. Minkus this ..." Maya stopped the intro abruptly and suddenly looked to Farkle, "Oh Farkly, now I..."Riley stomped not too subtly on Maya's foot. Farkle tried to hide his smirk with a cough. Recovering quickly Maya Sputtered, "Mr. Minkus, Soleil, we are getting tacos want to come?" Soleil grabbed his hand, "Can we daddy, Please?"
He looked at his daughter one had in his and and the other in Riley's; and Farkle felt at home for the first time in his life. "No place I would rather be."
Maya crouched next to Soleil. "Piggy back ride, Sunshine?" Both Soleil and Riley giggled, and Farkle knew he had discovered his favorite sound in the world. Riley and Farkle walk slightly behind Maya and Soleil. There was a comfortable silence, til Farkle's phone rang. Seeing it was Stuart, Farkle fell back to take the call.
The board has approved POOM. All systems go. Farkle thanked his dad and hung up, without hesitation Farkle hugged Riley and spun her in circles. Her giggle caused his heart to pitter patter in his chest. Even when he set her down, he couldn't bring himself, to let her go. "The board approved my project, we are working towards Mars habitation." Riley smiled, "That's amazing, Farkley." He loved that she had a nickname for him already. He searched her eyes, "Really, you think so?" Riley nodded enthusiastically, "Yeah, who wouldn't want to me the first man or woman on mars?" As she said this she bit her lip. Losing all control Farkle kissed her, under a maple tree in a shower of red leaves. As he broke away she breathed, "POOM."
It struck him like lightening, that was the acronym for his mars project. He kissed her forehead. "Where have you been my whole life?" Riley settled into him. "I have always been here seeking Pluto~waiting for you..." They walked hand and hand the rest of the way to catch up with Maya and Soleil.