Chapter 14

Morning came around. The sky was pale blue with clouds scattered across it. Bright sunlight shone into the room, entering through the window.

Harry began to stir. His eyelids fluttered open. As he tried to get up, he noticed Louis snuggled against him. Louis was under Harry's arm, with his face nuzzled in Harry's chest. Louis' leg was draped across Harry's thigh.

Whether the position was intentional or merely accident due to shifting throughout the night, Harry was unsure. Harry considered if he should remain still and let the smaller boy sleep.

Harry's stomach began to rumble. Harry moved Louis carefully so as not to wake him. He wiggled his way out of the bed, stepping carefully over Louis' body. Harry tucked Louis in under the warm blanket. He moved a lock of hair away from Louis' face and pushed it behind Louis' ear. Louis curled into a ball like a little hedgehog.

Harry stepped into the kitchen. He was instantly engulfed in the fragrant smell of toasted bread. He sighed deeply.

It smelt like home, back in the bakery. He used to live there with both his parents who loved him dearly. God, he missed that place.

"Good morning." Emilia greeted. The rest of the family appeared to still be asleep, tucked away in their rooms. "I'm making toast. Want some?" Emilia offered.

"Toast would be wonderful." Harry said. "You need any help?"

Emilia looked around. "Where's Louis?" She asked.

"Still asleep." Harry stated.

"You're just going to leave him like a one-night stand?" Emilia joked.

"Louis is not a one-night stand. We didn't do anything." Harry insisted. "Didn't think to wake him because he looked very happy to get his rest."

"He looked very happy cuddling with you." Emilia commented, smirking as she put the oil laden slice of bread into the frying pan. The bread sizzled as it cooked.

"You sneaky little shit." Harry rebuked, realising she had spied on him and Louis.

"You're welcome." Emilia grinned proudly. She flipped the bread. The underside had turned a lovely shade of golden brown.

"Emilia, Louis is getting married to Princess Danielle." Harry sighed. "So, quit pushing us together."

"Don't you want to be with Louis?" Emilia probed. "You know, it isn't too late to get him back even if he is getting married. You could always barge in when the preacher says, 'Speak now.'"

"I'd rather not have him hate me. Thank you." Harry stated, knowing well that Louis had long gotten over him. "He'd probably get really upset with me if I ruined his special day. Besides, he's already taken so why bother with him when there are so many other people that could be happy with me?"

"Just because he's going to get married to Princess Danielle doesn't mean it's meant to be." Emilia asserted. "Furthermore, how many people are willing to put up with the fact that you turn into a terrifying monster. Remember when Modeste found out? You told me she wouldn't even speak to you at all for- how long?"

"Three weeks." Harry filled her in.

"Exactly." Emilia said. "I'm not sure if you've noticed. Louis has yet to run from you but I don't think he will."

"'has yet to run'!" Harry scoffed mockingly. "If that's what you want to call banishing me from Ariak, that's your choice, but I'm telling you he doesn't like me."

"Then, why would he come to celebrate your birthday with you?" Emilia asked.

"Why wouldn't he come to celebrate my birthday with me?" Harry shot back.

"Because he's the prince of Ariak. If he truly doesn't want to have anything to do with you as you have claimed, trust me, he would have nothing to do with you." Emilia stated.

"That's ridiculous." Harry spat. "If he likes me as you have claimed, why would he have me deported?"

Emilia gave up, "Fine. You win this round but when I attend your wedding, remind me to rub it in that I told you so."

"That's never going to happen." Harry insisted.

.

.

.

Don't you love that curling into a ball thing that Louis- I mean hedgehogs- no, I mean Louis- does?