Chapter 1

Chapter 1

*Beep beep*

I turned over and hit the snooze button on my alarm once again. Why.. Why do I have to work so early in the morning... I snuggle back into bed, maybe just 5 more minutes won't hurt anyone. I smile to myself and snuggle deeper into the warm covers.

"SOPH! Get up!! You are so going to be late again!" I heard Jenna from the kitchen. I groaned and lazily got up trudging my way to the washroom. Closing the washroom door I slowly peel my eyes open, the lights stung a little. I snapped them close again.

Okay Sophia if you don't open them you are going to be late for work! I talk to myself a lot to be honest. I guess talking it out amongst myself helps me make some wise decisions in life.

I turned on the cold water tap and splashed some ice cold water on my face summoning my eyes to open. Once my eyes opened they weren't really appealed with what they saw in the mirror.. Eesh.

My brunette hair was sticking out in random places my face was all dry and tired looking, I felt as if I was an hobo, from the streets of NY. Yeah not pretty. No offence to those hobos, you are all beautiful inside.

I examined myself carefully. How on earth is this ever going to look pretty, oh sigh, it never shall look perfect. I gave myself a snarl in the mirror and burst out laughing.

I turned on my Iphone hit shuffle and started getting ready for work. After I got ready I slipped out of the washroom and made my way to the kitchen, Jenna had made me breakfast.

Jenna is my best friend, we go to the same university and she lives in the apartment right next to mine. Why don't we live together you ask? Well, She doesn't like sharing anything, plus I don't want to live with her, god knows what she does with her boyfriend in there. I stuffed my face as much as I could and loaded the rest in my purse and move on towards the door grabbing my keys along the way.

I head out of the comfortable and familiar apartment homes and onto the gloomy grey roads. There isn't much to see at 5 in the morning, trust me. All there is, is peace an tranquility, just a few cars here and there, no people, no noise, just quietness all around.

I sit at the bus stop waiting for the right one, normally I would take my car a black Chevrolet, but it's gone for repairs and will be back in a few days but till then the bus it is. After a while of waiting the bus finally comes to a halt in front of me, I quickly drop in the coins and grab the ticket, making my way to the first seat I see, the whole bus is deserted, who would even use the bus at a time like this other then me.

I have lived my life in the buses, going from adoption home to adoption home, or going from family to another family. These buses tell the story of my busy life. But in the end I did find a good home, well it was good till 3 years back.

The family I lived with were the Maples. Dad, Rob Maple, Mom, Charlotte Maple, three kids, one adopted two were their own and the fourth one was me. Daren just a bit older then I was adopted as well. Daren was... Haha a jerk. He never treated them like a family, never did and never will, well that is until he got Claire pregnant, their biological daughter who is the same age as I. But that's a different story. Haha.

Their other biological child is boy too, well he's a man now, he's in his final year in university, Matthew, Matty for short, me and him had a really strong relationship but that broke as soon as Dad died 3 years ago. I had been living with them for about 3 years at that time and I was in my final year of high school. Dad had an heart attack and had passed away, he was really close to me.. Really close. I was broken. Charlotte or so called mom never really liked me, to be honest she actually hated me. She would make me work all day long, after dad died she just practically kicked me out. I go back home sometimes. I love my siblings and they love me back but Charlotte will never love Daren and I, or what she likes to call us "the adoptees."

Right after that I moved out, with the money I had made at the local bakery back home. Bought myself an apartment, got myself a job, and headed to university, currently second year in. It's tough but I know it'll get better after this. I work part time at the bookstore/cafe which is an hour away from my apartment but it's really worth it, my boss Lucy gives my excellent pay and it's a very friendly atmosphere.

I have to go early in the mornings and open up the place, brew the coffee, bake some goods, dust off the books, check inventory, open up the new stuff, display, everything, it's as if I own the store myself. Lucy is really amazing, but she had one problem she hates getting up in the morning that's why I got the job of waking up. It's not that bad, honestly speaking. She's just a lazy person, haha.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a faint scream. What was that. ..

I gulped.

Maybe just a person on the street who got hurt, yeah probably... I heard it again, but this time it could be differentiated as crying rather than a scream. My ears lead me to the back of the bus, I turned to find no one there, but just a cardboard diaper box that was tucked away between 2 seats.

Is it empty? What's it doing there? Curiosity was taking over my mind. I mindlessly inched closer to the box, hearing mouse like crying as I got closer. I peered over the top of the box to find a baby. A baby, all alone here! In a bus! What?

I looked at it, a small little baby wrapped with two blankets lay in the box. I wondered why anyone would ever do this? Maybe someone just forgot, yeah that's it someone just forgot and are probably looking for him or her.

Then I spotted a folded up paper neatly laid beside his/her feet. I picked it up and unfolded it as I watched the baby suck its hand. It read.

To whom this may concern,

I suppose you have found my baby boy, and your probably wondering who I am?  Well, I'm Gabrielle and I have probably passed away by the time you have found this baby. I left him in this bus because this is where I had met his father. His father is till alive but I am not. I would really appreciate it if you could help me find his father his name is Derek Johnson, I don't know where he is, or where he has gone, thats part of your chase, if you could please help me I will bless you from up above. Im sorry I have to put you through this but I didn't have enough life in me left to take him everywhere to find his father. The doctor had told me I wouldn't live much longer. Anyways, tell my baby I love him and mommy didn't mean to leave him, she had no other way. If you don't want to help please leave this letter in the box you found it and continue on with your life. Thank you. God bless you.

Wow... I folded up the later and placed back neatly in the cardboard box the way I found it.

Derek. Derek Johnson. Where have I heard that name before now. I can't think. Its to early in the morning. I looked down at the baby who had quieted down and fallen back asleep.

His face so small and round his hair was a light brown all his features where angelic. How could something be so small. I bent down to pick him up. Should I leave him here? No.. I will not put this innocent one through the same life I had, never, for the sake of humanity at least.

"Baby, I don't know who you are, or where you came from. But I am gonna take care of you, you're my responsibility now. I cant leave you here alone, no one will be nice to you. From now on you are with me. I will help you find your dad and take you home where you belong I promise." I whispered to him as I cradled him in my arms.

___________________________

So lovers how's this story? Okay I guess right? I couldn't update hidden love right now because that chapter is going to be quite lengthy but I hope you enjoyed this, I know it's not the best and I promised something new for Christmas, but I'll give this as a New Years gift! I made New Years resolution! Every two months a new chapter will be released! I have so much work and other things to do that I can't dedicate all my time to this I'm sorry but I'm going to try my best! Rate, comment and hungry hungry hippos! Hey! Haha peace out my beautiful people. ⚪️⚪️⚪️>