3.1 ⇛ Epilogue

C H A R L I E

Epilogue

I was once told I was different. Of course I was a five year old and I bought that being the dimwit I still am to this day. And, it was my first grade teacher who told me that, make the children feel special foundation.

She was an older woman, one with long gray hair and she loved when I'd stay with her during lunch and make bracelets with her.

Even when I was little I didn't like being social.

Go figure.

I loved arts and crafts and she knew it and one day, she disappeared.

And I never saw her again.

At first I had the conclusion that she was so old and was retired, but I knew it wasn't really that.

I think she was a creature apart of the supernatural.

She'd tell me to be careful, to think over things, to not be reckless.

I think she knew at the time that I was an augur. Of course I was never told this and I had to go deep into the beastiary to find out.

Every once in a while, I'd see her. Sometimes she's just eating at a diner, sometimes she's on the other side of the street. And then, she just disappears.

The police claimed her dead one day, but I don't believe it. I mean, I thought my parents were dead, but they're here with me now.

Everything is just confusing at the moment. Scott and Stiles likes to hang out often, but they notice that I'm not into things that much. Shawn's death hurt me a lot. Isaac likes to come over and we lay in my bed, watching movies. Sometimes we go out and eat somewhere, or we just drive around.

Lydia and Allison always force me to leave the house and go somewhere like the mall and shop with them. Lydia wont stop talking about Jackson's departure, and Allison likes to imagine if her and Scott were still a thing. I'd like to think that they were still on good terms also. Other times, we just hang out at Lydia's house. Her dog, Prada, like to bark at us at random times, it annoys me most of the time.

For my family, Stan and I don't talk. Ever since that night when he found out about the painting, he wants answers, but I can't supply them. I can't let him know about the universe he shouldn't know about. My aunt Jane and Kurt got engaged recently they're going to have a fall wedding I think. She can't stop gushing about her beautiful engagement ring. For my dad, he's mad because I won't be going to that prep school, and I like to see him angered that I can finally have some type of control in my life now. My mom, she's still persistent on strengthening my skills, but I don't feel ready to go back and learn. I've been too stressed to go back and learn how to go in paintings.

I still have paintings of things, but none of them are very eventful. But, there's one of this girl. From the painting, she's unrecognizable, someone new. This just gives me motivation to make my summer as long as I could make it.

Alex, he isn't speaking to anyone. No one's seen him since that day with Shawn. Every once in a while, he'll communicate with Derek to let him know that's fine. Josh, David, and Anthony are worried for him, I don't talk to them that much anymore either.

Maybe I keep reciting the rest of my school year because I'm in the car right now, no one is speaking. I didn't see Isaac in the past week. He doesn't know that I'm going to stay instead of move away. No one knows, I've been a lot more distant.

This car ride has been painfully long as my aunt is driving Stan and I to the airport. Stan's only going to be in New York for a month, but I've decided to stay for the whole summer. These past two month's have been torturous.