Episode 02 | edited

Start from the beginning

Saya knew this peace wouldn't last though. In her head, she was already going over the plan that would be taking action that night.

Su-won would kill the king, exacting his revenge while Kye-sook remained in the room to keep the situation under control. They'd then frame the murder on someone else, shifting the blame from Su-won to another before crowning Su-won the new King of Kouka.

All she had to worry about was Kouka's Thunder Beast, Son Hak of the Wind Tribe. It was a shame, really, since the goddess was just beginning to become fond of the aloof general. "Plus he's hot. Don't find cuties like that everywhere," she thought, sighing with disappointment.

"Jobs like this would be easier in demi-beast form (half human half fox-goddess). Being stripped of power and stuck in this weaker body is so tiring." Saya groaned, thinking of her handicap.

She didn't dwell on the thought for too long, instead deciding to make her way over to the buffet table, piling her plate high with all sorts of dishes.

"What are you doing?" Kye-sook demanded irritatedly.

The Fox Goddess gulped down the meat she had taken a bite of before saying, "Why not take advantage of it while we're here? It's so delicious. Plus, it's better than fighting on an empty stomach."

Kye-Sook just groaned before allowing her to resume her eating once more, deciding it wasn't worth the effort to reprimand her. "Dumbass," he chided.

"A beautiful dumbass at least," she chuckled, flicking a grain of rice at the man. He grumbled at her.

"So grouchy, haha."

>>>

It was close to midnight now and the castle courtyard was still and quiet without a living soul in sight. Everyone was peacefully sleeping in their rooms, unaware of the events taking place at the momemt.

"Are you ready Sae-rin-sama?" one of the soldiers under Su-won's command asked. Many of the castle guards had been swapped with their own men.

"Of course. I have no choice, right? Same goes for you."

The soldier gulped before nodding. He seemed young, probably one of the more new recruits.

She smiled. "You'll be fine. If anything happens, I'll be here."

The man looked at her like she was a savior. His morale had definitely been boosted which satisfied the goddess.

Then a girl suddenly ran out of the room that Su-won was using.

Saya could barely make out the faintly audible sound of Kye-Sook shouting, "Catch her!" As multiple guards rushed at the woman, surrounding her and caging her in.

"Su-won!" The girl pleaded, her high-pitched tone oddly familiar. "I'm sorry Princess Yona, but this is for the good of Kouka," a guard said, holding his sword to the princess's throat so close she began to bleed from a small puncture.

Now she remembered.

It was the girl that went horseback riding with Su-won, the princess of Hiryuu Castle, Princess Yona.