Episode 26

Episode 26
'The Plan'

>>>

"Sae-rin, Yona, what happened? You're both soaking wet!" Yoon announced as the three returned from the cliff.

Truth be told, the princess and Saya were dripping wet with salt water due to the massive wave hitting the side of the cliff. Their cheeks and eyes were both red from the salt and tears that ran down their faces the minutes prior to the group's reunion.

"We're fine, Yoon," Yona reassured, patting Ao on the head as he snacked on a seed. Where he got it? No one knows.

The miracle boy's eyes watered in relief as he finally approached the princess, tugging her close to him even as the water from her clothes began being absorbed into him. Yoon could care less as his utter relief completely drowned out the uncomfortable feeling.

"Did something happen, Sae-rin-sama?" Dao-yi inquired worriedly. He had come to join the group of anxious men after washing up on the ship, patiently awaiting the return of his master and friend.

"We just got a little scuffed up, that's all." She offered the silverette a smile. "Jae-ha saved me."

Dao-yi turned to face the green-haired dragon who was suspiciously whistling into the air as though he was innocent. Of course it was the complete opposite.

"Thank you. Really, Jae-ha, thanks," Dao-yi muttered, his eyes firm with conviction.

Jae-ha blushed at the intensity of his friend's gratitude. He was still a bit shaken by their argument (if you called whatever happened an argument), and suddenly talking to his friend like nothing ever happened was a bit embarrassing.

"Of course, bro. Y'know I can't just leave a girl in danger." The ryokuryuu winked at his friend before smiling at the albino women looking at him.

This in turn caused Saya to grin as she realized the two had completely made up and nodded in approval.

"It's nice 'ta see ya all in one piece, but didja complete yer task?" Captain Gi-jang interrupted, pointing her smoking pipe at Yona.

The princess nodded before reaching into her cloak and pulling out the sack of cheonsu plants she had acquired on her perilous journey. "If you want me to go back and do it again, alone this time, I'll gladly go."

The grey-haired woman just stared at Yona a moment longer before erupting in laughter. "Ya got spirit. I like that," she said. "Tonight we celebrate! Get yer sorry butts back to the ship!"

The pirates shouted out in glee as they all raced back to their home on the sea, leaving the rag-tag group of 'weirdos' behind.

"What did you mean when you said the pervert saved you?" Hak asked curiously as he examined her further for any injuries.

Saya winced as he touched her arm since it had gotten a few small cuts and scratches when she slid down the side of the cliff. The saltwater didn't help either as her arms felt like they were constantly stinging.

"There was a big wave that caused Yona to wash off the cliff," she said, noticing as Hak grimaced. "Thankfully she was able to grab hold of some tree roots before she fell into the ocean. As I helped her up I swung myself off the cliff with the momentum I build to pull her forward."

Saya shivered as the memories from minutes ago resurfaced. The brush with death a completely unpleasant experience. "I... I almost died again. I mean, by now I should probably be used it, right?" She chuckled wearily at her morbid joke. Hak didn't.

"You should never be used to that feeling," he said, no tone of laughter in his voice. "Never."

The goddess sighed. "I know. It felt utterly horrible being in that situation. If Jae-ha hadn't jumped to save me, I would've been lost in that ocean."

Hak patted her shoulder before pulling her close. "Thank you for saving the princess," he said as his body heat seeped its way into her own cold entity.

Then it was Shin-ah who greeted her. The quiet masked man tapped her shoulder to earn her attention before offering her his cape(?) of fluff and furs.

Saya chuckled, touched by the hakuryuu's kindness. She gladly took the furs from him before offering to share, to which Shin-ah agreed. He then nestled himself close to her, hugging the goddess from behind and resting his chin on the top of her head as he wrapped the furs around both of their bodies.

Saya blushed at the close proximity of their bodies but forgot the thought as she savored the warmth of his body and the furs. It helped warm her right up despite the glares Shin-ah got from the other surrounding males.

"Shin-ah that not a-appropriate!" Kija exclaimed, earning a simultaneous nod from Jae-ha, Hak, and Dao-yi.

Shin-ah just tilted his head in confusion. The boy was obviously too pure for this world and didn't understand a thing they were saying so the others just gave up their protests with a sweatdrop.

>>>

Once they were back on the ship, the crew celebrated their new comrades as planned, drinking well into the night while listening to the elegant sounds from
Jae-ha's erhu.

"I'm surprised he can play that well despite being a pervert," Hak would say. Listening carefully, you'd be able to hear the offended "Hey!" from Jae-ha in the back.

Dao-yi laughed at his friend's embarrassment, drunk out of his mind, as he danced horribly to the songs Jae-ha played. He danced as though he was one of those inflatable air dancers that stores used for advertisement. Of course, no one knew what the hell those were since they were hundreds, maybe even thousands of years late, but nonetheless, everyone had a great time.

The moment, while sweet, still had its melancholy. Saya leaned on the railings of the ship and looked out at the calm blue waters of midnight blue. The ethereal light of the moon basked the goddess in a familiar glow and made her white hair shine like pure silver.

Near silent footsteps approached the girl which caused the hairs on the back of her neck to stand up with caution.

"Who's there?" Saya asked, still facing the water.

Captain Gi-jang took another huff of her pipe before joining the girl by the railings.

"Yer one caution girl y'know. I'ss good to alert but it ain't the occasion fer that right now."

Saya let out a sigh and rubbed her head. "Sorry it's just been awhile since something like this has happened. I'm not usually allowed to relax in this kind of situation... in any situation, really."

Captain Gi-jang gave her a knowing hum as a response which Saya didn't realize she appreciated so much. Less words, less wasted time. It was nice.

"This group has really cut a lot of years off my life," she chuckled, turning to face the party and its participants. "I can't help but protect them all. And, now Dao-yi's here too."

"They're protecting ya too, silly girl."

Saya chuckled again. "I know."

>>>

ummmm.... hi
this is loooooooooooong overdue IM SORRY