9

Kelani Talia Rios:

"Hayes, where are we going?" I asked looking out the window.

"You'll see" he said smirking

"Hayes tell me! I don't like surprises" I whined.

"Be patient princess" he said squeezing my hand. I blushed when he called me princess.

'You don't own me' by Grace featuring G-Eazy started playing and I turned the radio up.

"Please when I go out with you, don't put me on display" I sang.

"Really though, honestly, I get bored of basic bitches" Hayes said making me laugh.

"We're almost there!" Hayes said enthusiastically. I smiled at his cuteness.

We pulled up to an amusement park. I was so happy because I love amusement parks so much!

When I was younger, Kolton, Chastin, Chassity, and I used to go to amusement parks every other month. We always had the best times stuffing our faces with pizza and challenging each other in games.

"Oh my god Hayes!" I said.

"What? Do you not like it? This was a bad idea" he said.

"No Hayes I love it!" I said which made him smile.

"Good" he said with a sigh of relief.

We got out the car and walked into the building hand in hand.

"Do you want to get something to eat now or play some games for a little?" He asked.

"Um...games" I said.

•••••

|| after the date ||

"Do you want to go to my house or do you want me to drop you off at yours?" He asked interwinding our fingers.

"Um...your house" I said and he smiled.

We drove to Hayes house. When we went inside, his mom and sky were making cookies.

"Lani! Come help us!" Sky squealed. I laughed and walked over there.

Mrs. Grier (Elizabeth and Chad are still together in this okay) gave me and apron and sky gave me some icing. I started to decorate a cookie when Hayes snuck up behind me making me scream.

"Hayes don't do that!" I said punching his stomach. He just laughed.

"Sorry babe" he said kissing my cheek making me blush.

"Do you want to go to my room?" Hayes asked me holding my waist.

"No! She's helping me and mom!" Sky yelled at Hayes.

"Sky I'll come back later okay? I'm gonna go hang out with Hayes" I said off my apron and setting the icing down.

"Fine" she pouted.

Hayes and I went upstairs to his room. He laid down on his bed and I laid my head on his chest. He held my waist tight. Being in his arms makes me feel safe and secure.

"Lani?" He called out.

"Yes" I said sweetly.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure"

"I know we've only known each other for a few months, but in those few months, I've fell in love with you. So that's where this question comes into play...will you be my girlfriend?" he said making me smile.

"Yes Hayes, is love to" I said kissing his soft lips.

"I love you Lani" he said.

"I love you too Hayes" I said before I was out like a light.
•••••
How do you fix a broken heart?