Part Two: Rule 2 - Don't Look Back; You Are Never Completely Alone

Age of Darkness Christmas Special

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

The Moscow Rules

1. Assume nothing
2. Never go against your gut
3. Everyone is potentially under opposition control
4. Don't look back; you are never completely alone
5. Go with the flow, blend in
6. Vary your pattern and stay within your cover
7. Lull them into a sense of complacency
8. Don't harass the opposition
9. Pick the time and place for action
10. Keep your options open

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

Music: 41 Minutes of Spy Themes

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

Part Two: Rule 4 - Don't Look Back; You Are Never Completely Alone

After the introductions to the team she'd be working with, the Avengers, Agent G has decided to lay out a plan for the evening of the infiltration of the HYDRA party. She was given full command by Director Carter and sent on her merry way to the training room with the others. She's found a quiet corner to work, by herself, alone.

Like she always is, alone.

Lucky for her, it doesn't stay that way for long. "You got some nerve showing up here," Glory says, not looking up from the schematics of the building the ball will be held in that Carter provided her. The Christmas event for the Russian and American Presidents is a high class, fancy party. All the wealthy people, the rich diplomats, the high ranking politicians, the royalty, will be there. Getting in is harder than Glory first thought, but not harder than what she's faced before.

Rule nine: pick the time and place for action.

A laugh comes from the tall figure in front of her table as she continues to work, outlining possible exits and entrances to sneak in. "You will not need a way to sneak in, Возлюбленная," Pietro says. "Carter is providing a way inside."

"What did you just call me?" She snaps her head up, glaring at the young man.

Pietro smirks and glances down at her work. "You seem to have this down to a science."

She shrugs off his nickname this time and glances back down to her papers. "It's the job. I do it well, if I do say so myself. And I do." She sighs, frustrated. "Why do we even have to do this? Why don't we just get the event cancelled? I'm sure S.H.I.E.L.D. has that kind of pull."

"We cannot. HYDRA's boss, their leading man, is supposed to be there. Johann Schmidt, the Red Skull as they call him. He is supposedly been dead for years after an unfortunate accident, but we have reasons to believe he is very much alive and going to make the finishing blow to the Presidents himself." He pauses. "You must have a lot of down time, with this whole secret agent thing," he says sarcastically, leaning against the wall nearest them.

Glory rolls her eyes. "Like you're one to talk, Maximoff. From the way you tried to kill me, or rather, tried to not to try to kill me, you've been at this whole S.H.I.E.L.D. game for a while now. You could've killed me. I was unguarded and tipsy. There were at least twenty ways you could've at least knocked me out before I left the restaurant." She tilts her head to the side. "But those weren't your orders."