ch.14

Amiah

Chanel's birthday is today and we planned a surprise party for her. She think that everybody forgot or doesn't care and doesn't have any idea about the party. Right now we're waiting for her to get back from work. We got a banner that says happy 18th, birthday, balloons, and a bunch of other decorations and good food. Oh and everybody's here. Rashawn, Angie, Antonio, Chanel' little bro, all the girls from school, Derek, Darnell, and me her bestf of course. (Hears the door opening) Oh here she comes right now. "Everybody hide, Chanel comin!" Everyone found a place to hide and Chanel walked through the door.

Chanel

Today's my birthday and it's like everyone forget. I dropped hints and it seemed like everybody was oblivious to it. Anyway I just got off work and I'm opening up the front door. When i walked in all the lights were off somebody turned them on and people jumped up screaming happy birthday. I jumped because they scared the hell out of me.

Chanel: What the fuck! I said while squaring up my hands then I realized that it was a surprise and I put my hands down.Then everybody started laughing and I did do.

Amiah: Damn yo ass damn near got a heart attack, she laughed.

Chanel: Shut up yo scary ass would've done the same thing, I laughed back. Damn y'all really got me, y'all had me thinkin all y'all forgot.

Amiah: Psh, u kno we couldn't forget about yo birthday. Especially your bestf.

Chanel: Aww thanks bestf, I said hugging her. And thanks everybody. Everybody said your welcome and the party got started.

I said hello to everybody and I was talking to Angie, listening to Haitians by Lajan Slim when Rashawn came up to talk to me.

Rashawn: Hey ma, Wassup Ang.

Ang: Hey, um imma leave y'all too alone. I gotta go make sure Antonio doesn't spike the punch. Then she left and Rashawn I laughed.

Rashawn: So how you like your party so far ma. By now I was sitting on his lap talking.

Chanel: I love it. I don't know how u all put this together so quick.

Rashawn: Well I put most of this together u know, he joked.

Chanel: Oh really? I laughed.

Rashawn: I mean everybody else helped a little and most of the time Ang was drunk so we couldn't have her helpin out too much. We both laughed. Yep all for u ma. He said looking into my eyes. Next thing I know he kissed me. I didn't wanna be makin out where everybody could see us, I hate that. So we stopped.

Rashawn: C'mon I wanna give u yo present.

Chanel: Shouldn't you wait till it's time for me too open the gifts?

Rashawn: Yea but its special. I jus want it to be me and you.

Then he lead me upstairs to my room. We got in my room and we both sat on my bed.

Rashawn: When I first saw u at the club I knew u were different and how I had to talk to u and make u mine. Something jus drew me to u and I still don't kno what it was. But I did kno that I wanted to get to kno u. At first I thought I was trippin cuz I never felt dis way about any girl and when I saw how hurt u were when I told u bout yo moms it hurt me that u were hurt.I jus wanted to make it all better.My whole life I've been the player type but u changed me and any girl that can do that is definitely a keeper and I kno u a rida an would hold me down. One day maybe I'll put a ring on your finger. But until then I wanna show u my love for u.