Chapter thirteen

"Pick up the bow." You said.

"Aren't I going to use yours?" Crystal says.

"My bow, is my bow." You eye it and stare back at her with cold eyes.

Crystal picks up the other bow and puts the arrow backwards.

"Um, Crystal? The arrow is backwards. It's not supposed to be pointed at your face." You said.

You face palm yourself. How is this girl so damn stupid?

Carl seems to pick up what you're thinking and elbows you.

"Oh, I knew that, I was just testing you." Crystal says.

She pulls on the bow and lets go. She lands on the bullseye.

Your mouth drops.

"Shoot again." You say crossing your arms.

She misses.

"I hit the middle target it!" Crystal shouts with excitement.

"Yeah." Carl said.

You pick up your bow and start firing arrows at the targets, striking the bullseye every time, like lightning hitting off a building. Too fast. You did 8 of them. Sleek and fast.

"Now that's how it's done." Carl laughs and crosses his arms.

"Come with us in the woods, I guess. You better be ready because once you're out there, there's no turning back." You said.

"Yes, I got it." Crystal rolls her eyes as usual and starts shooting some targets.

"She's okay." Carl said.

"Okay? More like an annoying brat." You sigh.

"Something is different bout' her though, I can see what you're talking about. Dad doesn't like to turn down kids. He's ready at any minute though. If they try anything or have a secret camp or people. Dads good like that." Carl says. Shaking his head.

"I guess. She came with a clean shirt, a clean one!" You say raising your eyebrows.

"You kinda did too." Carl said.

"Really? Walker blood covered my neck and spots on my shirt, my shirt is black! Crystals is white." You growl.

"Listen, I get it. You're worried. I don't trust her either honestly but I am giving her a chance and you should too. Dad is watching her. He thinks some group sent her to take over the prison." Carl says.

"Your dad has a smart head." That's exactly what I'd think." You roll your eyes.

Crystal is still attempting to shoot some arrows while you and Carl walk back towards the prison.

She runs up after you guys.

"Y/N! Great job at teaching me by the way." Crystal says.

"Why thank yo-u." You say but Crystal cuts you off.

"Sarcasm." Crystal says playing with her hair."

"I know." You laugh and punch her shoulder hard.

Carl notices and shakes his head.

You give him an eye that probably means; "seriously? Come on!" Or something like that:

Glenn and Rick both run up to you quickly. Very alarmed.

"There's a hole in the back fence of the prison, walkers got in." Glenn says, sweat pouring down his face.