Halloween at Hogwarts has never been scarier than before

***Author's note*** Thank you all so much for joining me in yet again another part in this fanfiction! I like it, and I'm glad you guys like it! As the title of the chapter suggests, I will, in fact, try my absolute best in fitting in a holiday into this one, people. Whoa, hold it there, sister, are you for real? Absolutely. (^_^) So yeah, Halloween coming right at you! And yes, I WILL TRY TO HAVE SOMETHING ROMANTICALLY CLIMATIC HAPPEN!!! Trust me, it's getting on my nerves as well. o(>.<)o So, as always, enjoy this lovely chapter thingy and make sure to check in for updates and such, you beautiful person, you. *(^.^)*

***Snape's point of view***

             The corridors are dark and deserted; my footsteps ringing through the empty air as I walk. As they should be, I think. After all, it is three in the morning. I had been awoken by a rather... disturbing dream. My usual, cozy room had turned suffocating as I tried to shake off the frightening images. I decided that a walk through the spacious castle would calm my foolish nerves. After some while of lumbering through the school, it did have some positive effect, seeing as all the noisy students were nestled in their warm beds. That, and perhaps the alcohol that was still somewhat taking effect on my mind. Either way, the quiet and stillness of the school proved to be a safe haven for my troubled mind. My early morning stroll was put to a sudden stop when I rounded a corner, though. I paused and looked around. As expected, no one was there. However, I felt as though someone was watching me. My hand instinctively went to my wand as I listened for any noise. I was only met with the chirp of a cricket and the hooting of some owls. Navigating my way through the dark, I looked around me for anything suspicious; above and below me. I didn't dare to try and use lumos in this case. If the suspicious person was hostile, I would be a walking target. If it was a student out of bed, it would be an early warning to high-tail it out of here. So, quietly, I scan the hall; eyes already adjusted to the darkness of the night and use to the dimness of the dungeons. When I found nothing, again, I couldn't help but stand there puzzled. Nonetheless, the strange feeling grew even stronger with each minute that passed. I look around one last time before spotting a large, leafy plant in the corner of the room. As I stare at it, I feel as though another pair of eyes were looking right back at me. I had forgotten about that plant, I think, scolding myself for my stupidity. I walk steadily over to it while raising my wand for and sudden movement. Once I'm about a foot away from it, my heart begins to race as the feeling grew stronger and stronger. I take my non-wand hand and, wanting to get it done and over with, whip back the leaves while shouting, "Lumos!"

        Now, I was genuinely shocked at what befell before me. I was met by a pair of large, too familiar, pleading green eyes. Curse my luck! Damn Dumbledore! Let the boy burn in hell! Were some of the vicious thoughts that flew through my mind. Out of all the people! "What are you doing out of bed so late at night?!" I yell at him. He gives me another pathetic look as my gaze wanders down to his mouth. His whole chin, nose, neck, and all the way down to his collar were covered in dried blood. I feel my face contort to shock as I look at him. What's this? Worry? Concern? Even anger? Since when have I ever been concerned about Potter? I blame it on Dumbledore for my sudden emotions as I look away from the gruesome sight. For some other odd reason, I want to find out who did this to him and punish them with months of paper work and grueling labor for doing this to him. After pushing the ridiculous thought away, I then come to the realization that he is frozen. I quickly, faster than I would have liked, undo the spell that he was upon. He gasps for air and falls to the floor, proceeding to throw up blood followed by choked coughs. He wipes his hands as I stand there in silence, contemplating whether to punish him for being out, or to go to his side and assist, even comfort, him. But before I could make up my mind, he is already attempting to stand and staggers to the side. Before he could fall, though, my impulses betray me and I catch him. He stumbles again and my arms around him tighten as I try to get a good grip on him so he doesn't collapse on me.