7: At Megan's!

I take a deep breath. Megan. God.

She has a smile on her lips when she opens the door. Her hair is shining in the sun and she has a simple, white dress on, like the one I wore when I met Jack. Now I'm wearing some grey shorts and a black singlet. I'm also wearing my burgundy Converse. However, I'm not the pretty one here: Megan looks like she came right from an inspiration account on Instagram, but had to cancel a model appointment to meet me.

"So, you might wonder why I asked you out of everyone I know? I just want you to feel like you have friends". Megan says as we walk upstairs to her room. Her house is quite like mine, but the kitchen is on the ground floor instead of the first. She smiles at me again, and I can feel this fluttering sensation growing in my chest. "Thank you so much" I say. And mean it.

We just sit in her room, chatting over a glass of homemade, cold lemonade which is exactly what I need in this heat. In the start, the conversation feels a bit tense and fake. Like Megan is just doing this for me. But after a while it's lighter and naturally flowing.

We're talking books, fashion, celebrities and what we love and not. Megan is quite different from me, but who said opposites don't attract?

She's more into what I would imagine a blogger being into, like make-up and fashion and stuff. Of course, I care about my outfits as well, but it's not my biggest passion. I'm more the books and music type. However, it's nice talking to a person that's a bit different from yourself. You learn new things and see them from a different view. Like I could never imagine that someone could have anything positive to say about youtubers, but after Megan has showed me a ton of videos from Troye Sivan, I'm laughing alongside her just like I've been in the fandom for years.

Suddenly, as rain from a blue sky, Denise comes to my mind. I can admit my feet gets cold. But, I can't just burry my feelings for Megan either.

I close my eyes hard in an attempt not think of her, even though the guilt is only growing. Megan stops talking to ask if I'm okay.

My answer comes automatically.

"I was just thinking of my ex-girlfriend".

Megan gets a shocked expression thats hard to read clearly. But I thinknI know the following reaction. "Uhm, Kristy? Can I ask you to leave -please?"

A/N

Sorry for not updating yesterday, school work got in the way.

What do you think so far? Comment if you have ideas or criticism (all criticism is constructive criticism).

And please, please vote for this story, I really hope I stand out from the rest of books on Wattpad and that you want to read more. (If don't tell me what I do that's wannabe).

Me💖